Billing/Title Clerk - Keys Auto Center
Job ID: 2021-1690
# of Openings: 1
The Dealership Accounting Specialists key role is in support of the Dealership Accounting Manager. Incumbent is responsible for accurately recording sale, profit and commissions payable on sold units and to maintain accurate accounting of vehicle inventories. The DAS is also responsible for maintaining selected schedules.
- Bill New, Used, Wholesale, Dealer Trade and Fleet deals to accounting within two business days of receiving deal from F&I department.
- Verify sold deals are in compliance with deal checklist.
- Review accounting schedules on a weekly basis. Report any discrepancies to Dealership Accounting Manager.
- Pull and post manufacturer invoices on a daily basis.
- Stock in New & Used vehicles.
- Post incoming and outgoing ACH payments on a daily basis.
- Process tag and title work within priority guidelines. Resolve out of state issues in a timely manner.
- Ensure CVR payments and tag agency invoices are posted daily. Review schedule weekly and process tag refunds.
- Follow up with banks on customer lien payoffs to avoid additional interest charges and obtain title and lien release status. Ensure title status is updated within DI daily.
- Submit and cancel aftermarket products on a weekly basis. Maintain schedule and review exceptions with Dealership Accounting Manager.
- Process vendor invoices daily. Ensure required documentation and authorization is obtained for timely payments.
- Reconcile vendor statements against invoices to ensure that no vendor accounts become past due.
- Maintain working relationship and open communication with vendors.
- Ensure accounts payable records are kept organized and up to date with required forms such as W9.
- Post daily deposit for Sales, Service, and Parts.
- Provide assistance to Sales Department and Accounting staff when needed.
- Other special projects requested from Dealership Accounting Manager.
- Associate's Degree (AA) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school.
- Relevant experience as an Automotive Store Accounting Billing Clerk for three to five years may be substituted for Associates degree requirements.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written.
- Proper email and telephone etiquette.
- Ability to work in team environments as well as independently.
- Ability to multitask and be highly organized and flexible.
- Professional personal appearance.
- Intermediate level of competency using Microsoft Office Suite.
- Proficient in ADP/CDK Drive XL DMS