MISSION & CULTURE
Networx is a coach centric, value-driven company where our mission is to help contractors win more jobs. We strive to continually raise the bar for excellence in partnering, service, and product for home improvement professionals. We believe in building a positive team and family spirit; to care for and to challenge each other. We believe in connection. We believe that what others may see as failure is our opportunity to learn and grow. We genuinely care for our customers and each other and hold our core company values sacred- We Do the Right Thing, Celebrate Success, Evolve, and Chop Wood, Carry Water (Zen quote).
Networx is a high energy work environment, dedicated to helping contractors win more jobs. Our team strives to do more and to be better each day. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, company-paid life & disability, 15 days paid time off and 8 paid holidays. Employer 401(k) match, accident, and critical care coverage, and a life assistance program. We are proud to be recognized as a Top Workplace in Atlanta for 2 years and counting!
Networx is a fast-paced, rapidly evolving, growth-oriented, technology company with international operations. We are seeking an experienced and ambitious Controller with deep knowledge of technical accounting to lead accounting operations, manage financial reporting, ensure controls and compliance, maintain ledgers and records, and oversee assets and debts. The Controller reports to the VP of Finance and Operations and is a manager level position, working closely with accountants in the US and Israel, and partnering with the Manager of Finance and Intelligence. The Controller drives operational excellence by implementing best practices, scalable automations, and system integration in administrative policies and procedures. The ideal candidate is assiduous, professional, proactive, and innovative, with a service and data-oriented mindset.
- Ensure compliance with local, state, federal, and international government reporting, tax filings/payments, registrations, and licensing requirements.
- Coordinate with external auditors, tax preparers, and other financial advisors to ensure timely and unqualified opinions of reports free from any misrepresentations, deficiencies, and weaknesses. Coordinate with FP&A on budget creation, variance analysis, headcount reporting, payroll analysis, and forecast updates.
- Maintain orderly architecture of financial/legal data, records, and documentation. Maintain an effective system of financial and SOX internal controls, segregations of duties, and delegation of authority.
- Manage all financial transactions, including AR, AP, procurement, travel and expenses, payroll, incentive compensation, and other general ledger adjustments. Manage all technical accounting, including revenue deferral/recognition, expense accruals, asset depreciation/amortization, investments, managerial reserves/estimates, lease/debt amortization, intercompany, and equity. Manage currency translation and multi-company consolidations. Manage control and tracking of company assets.
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts, maintain current audit schedules, and provide a variety of variance, metric, and covenant reporting.
- Provide timely and complete internal and external financial reports. Provide weekly cash and profit flash reports. Provide other analysis as needed, such as for capital investments, contract negotiations, and vendor management.
- Support external due diligence requests and manage internal due diligence processes for acquisitions, dispositions, and other transactions.
- Lead with vision, advise, and mentor to drive fiduciary excellence and improvements in the Finance department and in the company. Develop, supervise and train accounting staff.
- 5 years progressive accounting experience
- Masters Accounting/Finance or CPA or equivalent experience
- Public accounting or equivalent experience with external audits and SOX compliance.
- Strong technical knowledge of US GAAP, PCAOB Audit standards/requirements, COSO internal control framework, and other regulatory requirements, especially regarding revenue and software development recognition.
- Strong knowledge of payroll, income, sales, etc. tax filings and payments.
- Advanced QuickBooks Online and Excel skills.
- High attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong business acumen, natural curiosity, and a growth mindset.
- Professional communication, interpersonal, organizational, time management skills to work effectively at all levels and across concurrent project and workstreams.
- 3 years management experience
- Previous Controller or Accounting Manager experience
- Knowledge of accounting for software development and international subsidiaries.
- Experience implementing ERP and accounting systems.
- Knowledge of deal desk, contract management, and financial data analytics, especially in a SaaS environment.
- Knowledge of mergers and acquisitions, including purchase accounting and integrations.
- Knowledge of SEC rules, regulations, and reporting requirements.
Networx is temporarily offering the option of a hybrid schedule, split between working onsite and remote work from home. This role will need to be commutable to our Atlanta office. We are in the heart of Buckhead, one block from Lenox Marta Station. Additional amenities include onsite car detailing, dry-cleaning services, restaurants and a gym.
Visit us on Glassdoor for a deeper look inside our company's culture: https://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Workingat-Networx-Systems-EI_IE368391.11,26.htm
We look forward to the beginning of your new career!
Travel & Driving Requirements Minimal.
Physical Requirements Typical physical abilities required of a Controller role such as sitting for extended periods of time at a computer workstation; using hands and motor skills on a frequent basis for functions such as keyboard data entry input; clear vision to read and interpret documents, reports, and information on a computer screen, etc.
Networx proudly supports diversity in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
DISCLAIMER: The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.