This role will be based remotely in one of the following regions: Houston, Atlanta, Denver, or Miami.
Company Overview | As a civic education non-profit, our mission is to help high school and middle school students become more effective and informed citizens. For more than 50 years, we have fulfilled that goal by serving over one million students and teachers across the country through programs, professional development for educators, and classroom resources designed to empower young people for a lifetime of active citizenship.
Position Overview | We are looking for a talented and driven fundraiser to actively manage and grow donations to support the organizations mission. Working towards a defined fundraising goal, you will connect with organizations and individuals to secure funds, helping us provide meaningful civic education opportunities to young people from all backgrounds, including those from vulnerable and economically-disadvantaged communities.
- Experienced. You have a minimum of two years fundraising, sales, or related experience.
- Prepared. You have earned a bachelors degree from a four-year college or university.
- High energy. You have the ability to self-motivate and you will stop at nothing to reach your fundraising goals. You can juggle the meetings, written proposals, and follow-up required to foster long-term relationships with donors. Your attention to detail and ability to multi-task are second to none.
- Creative. You take initiative and drive your own success. You excel at finding new ways to connect with potential partners (phone, email, in-person meetings, events, etc). You are not afraid to call the decision-makers to finalize a partnership. You like to move fast and will manage and develop your portfolio of donors.
- Passionate. You cannot wait to introduce our mission to prospective donors and inspire them to support Close Up.
- Work with leaders, elected officials, and foundation staff | Create and grow a network of financial supporters and develop a long-term plan for increasing annual fundraising targets.
- Be enthusiastic about Close Ups mission | Speak eloquently about our programs and opportunities, their impact on youth, and the importance to the broader community.
- Strategize and implement plans to expand funding opportunities | Help identify the best ways to reach prospective donors.
- Build a strong pipeline and secure donations | Maintain and grow a healthy pipeline and will achieve and surpass planned fundraising goals.
- Treat you like an adult. Its all about a healthy work-life balance and you'll work from home. Well trust you to get work done and, in turn, will provide you with a flexible vacation policy.
- Prepare you. Well provide you with comprehensive training to set you up for success, allowing you to focus on professional growth and career development.
- Challenge you. You will be surrounded by people equally committed to the Foundations success, allowing for constant collaboration amongst the various internal stakeholders.
- Provide you with many other benefits. Youll receive a competitive salary and bonus structure, and additional benefits including medical and life insurance, and more.
Internal Title: Community Relations Coordinator
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S. for any employer, provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination in compliance with company policy at the time of offer, submit to a post-offer criminal background check in accordance with federal regulations.
Physical demands | While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk or hear. The employee must lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment | While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal.
Upload a brief statement or cover letter describing why this position is the right fit for your skills and experience.
Close Up Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer