Balchem Corporation develops, manufactures and markets specialty ingredients that improve and enhance the health and well-being of life on the planet, providing state-of-the-art solutions and the finest quality products for a range of industries worldwide. Our corporate headquarters is located in New Hampton, New York, (Hudson Valley area) and we have a broad network of sales offices, manufacturing sites, and R&D centers, primarily located in the US and Europe. Founded in 1967, Balchem is a publicly traded company (NASDAQ BCPC) with annual revenues over $640 million and a market cap exceeding $3.0 billion. The company consists of three business segments: Human Nutrition & Health; Animal Nutrition & Health; and Specialty Products. Balchem employs over 1,400 people worldwide who are engaged in diverse activities, committed to developing the company into global market leadership positions. To learn more about our dynamic, stable and growing company, visit www.balchem.com
The IT Security Administrator is responsible for monitoring, provisioning and safeguarding Information Technology security software, standards and procedures. The position will work with numerous technologies to monitor current system health as well as hardening where applicable. The IT Security Administrator will work with the Infrastructure team to ensure all security patches and changes are implemented in a timely fashion. The incumbent will need to work with both internal and external resources to test the safety and security of the enterprise including penetration testing, patching and hardening.
The incumbent may need to provide emergency support and assistance when new and emerging threats become known. Participation in project teams, assessing needs, requirements, examining benefits and recommending IT related solutions is an essential requirement of the position. This position has frequent contact with all aspects of the Information Technology Department.
- Recommend & assist in the implementation of asset hardening.
- Develop, design and improve IT security policies, procedures & processes across the enterprise.
- Safeguard Information Systems by identifying potential point of failures.
- Implementation of major system changes and integrations following the corporate change management policies.
- Ensure proper permissions are in place for numerous platforms and enterprise systems.
- Analyze backup system resiliency and security.
- Perform logical access security audits and develop/implement remediation plans.
- Serve as liaison between staff and the technology department to resolve security related issues.
- Perform vulnerability scans and work with team members to remediate findings.
- Manage internal employee security education initiatives.
- Monitor & Maintain Anti-Virus/Anti Malware platform.
- Maintain and improve on the security access rights within Active Directory.
- Maintain and apply security related software patches on a regular basis.
- Review daily released Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures and assess against internal systems.
- Design, recommend and implement network and application security protocols and systems to ensure the maintenance of confidentiality, integrity and availability of the corporation's data assets
- Follows all safety policies and procedures including use of safety equipment (PPE) and equipment safeguards.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 3+ years of prior relevant experience
- BS Degree within a Cyber Security related degree / focus OR Professional certifications such as Security+, PenTest+, CASP+, CySA+, CISM, CISSP, CEH.
- Knowledge of networking protocols. (Routing, switching, VLANS, etc )
- Experience with Vulnerability scanning solutions
- Fundamental knowledge of any SIEM platform
- Management of Anti-Virus/Anti-Malware, IDS/IPS
- Forensic knowledge is preferred.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Operating systems (Windows 10, Server 2019)
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and abilities particularly in the fashion of working with other department members on solutions.
- Skills at organizing resources and establishing priorities???
Balchem is committed to a workplace culture that values and promotes diversity, inclusion, equal employment opportunities, and a work environment free of harassment and hostility.