See all jobs in Canton OH
Job Location: Canton, OH
Job Title: Project Representative - Canton, OH - (678)
Organizational Unit: CS - Ohio (00.09X.091)
Location: Canton, OH, US 44702
Job Type: Full-time
Exemption Type: Non-Exempt
Education: High School / GED
The Thrasher Group, Inc., is a multi-disciplinary firm, looking to hire in our Canton, Ohio Office. . From a small-town civil engineering firm to a respected regional powerhouse, Thrasher has scaled to meet our clients' needs. Today we provide engineering, environmental, architecture, construction services and survey services to communities and organizations throughout the Mid-Atlantic. With 9 offices in 6 states, we are hard-charging problem solvers with a heart for home and family. At Thrasher we do not just rise to the occasion, we actively go out and make things happen. We are always ready to roll up our sleeves and tackle the challenges that might give others pause. When there are high expectations to solve complex infrastructure and environmental problems, we naturally come through with the resources required to help communities and industries thrive. Consistently working with initiative and resourcefulness is the common thread that runs through everything we do and forms the basis for the deep relationships we forge.
We are looking for a Project Representative to join our construction services team in our Canton, OH office location. If you are someone that thrives in a fast-paced work environment and looks at tasks with a "can-do" attitude, then check out the job duties below.
- Serve as liaison with contractor or client.
- Maintain job site records of daily reports and job meetings.
- General civil engineering and client service.
- Effectively communicate, both orally and written, with client, contractor, and employer.
- Observe measure and document construction activities.
- Address complaints and concerns.
- Resolve construction conflicts.
- Endeavor to provide protection against defects and deficiencies in work.
- Maintain job site records with daily reports.
- Maintain records of time and equipment.
- Monitors progress schedule.
- Review pay requests and verify work completed.
- Coordinating with contractor and other duties as needed or assigned.
To be successful in this position, you will bring:
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
- Experience in Construction Management or Utility Inspections
- Demonstrate knowledge of construction management and/or public works management.
- Possesses a basic knowledge of mathematics.
- Strong written, verbal, and organizational skills
- Possesses knowledge of general civil engineering practices.
- Possess the ability to walk over rugged terrain and/or stand for extended periods of time.
- Possess the ability to work outside in all types of weather conditions.
- Possess the ability to carry up to 50 pounds of equipment.
The Thrasher Group has had a history of excellence for over 38 years. Ranked in the Top 500 Design Firms by the Engineering News Record, we are an innovative multi-disciplinary engineering, architecture, environmental, survey, and construction services firm that delivers successful projects to both public and private clientele. Our dedication to creative design solutions, well-managed projects, and exceptional customer service has made Thrasher one of the fastest growing engineering firms in the mid-Atlantic region.
Thrasher offers an excellent and competitive benefits package which includes relocation assistance, paid time off, 401(K) matching, medical, dental, and vision insurance, profit sharing and performance bonuses, short- and long-term disability, tuition assistance, life insurance, and professional development opportunities.
The Thrasher Group conducts drug screening and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers. Authorization to work in the United States is a precondition of employment. "EEO/AA/E-Verify."