See all jobs in Charleston WV
Job Location: Charleston, WV
Job Title: Project Manager - Water Resources - Charleston, WV - (118)
Organizational Unit: Water Resources - Water (00.01X.010)
Location: Charleston, WV, US 25311
Job Type: Full-time
Exemption Type: Exempt
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Category: Civil Engineering
Travel: 30 - 40%
The Thrasher Group, Inc., is a multi-disciplinary firm, is looking to hire in our Charleston, WV office. From a small-town civil engineering firm to a respected regional powerhouse, Thrasher has scaled to meet our clients' needs. Today we provide engineering, environmental, architecture, construction and survey services to communities and organizations throughout the Mid-Atlantic. With 9 offices in 5 states, we are hard-charging problem solvers with a heart for home and family. At Thrasher we do not just rise to the occasion, we actively go out and make things happen. We are always ready to roll up our sleeves and tackle the challenges that might give others pause. When there are high expectations to solve complex infrastructure and environmental problems, we naturally come through with the resources required to help communities and industries thrive. Consistently working with the initiative and resourcefulness is the common thread that runs through everything we do and forms the basis for the deep relationships we forge.
We are looking for a Project Manager with a passion for the Water Resource Market to join our Charleston, WV team. As a project manager you will lead teams in our water resource division in managing the design of water and wastewater collection, pumping and treatment facilities. If you are someone that thrives in a fast-paced work environment and looks at task with a "can-do" attitude, then check out the job duties below:
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Lead the evaluation and/or support of existing service area utility assets and develop corresponding recommendations for rehabilitation or replacement.
* Lead and/or provide support in the design of the rehabilitation or replacement of water and wastewater pumping stations and treatment plant assets.
* Check performance or conformity with plans and specifications as part of engineering services during construction.
* Assist with submittal reviews, requests for information, correspondence, change requests, and change orders for construction projects.
* Provide support, guidance, and mentorship to junior staff.
* Coordinate and assist with environmental studies, permitting, alternative analyses, and other technical deliverables.
* Review the work of others and ensure high quality submittals meet and exceed client expectations.
* A BS from ABET accredited university in the field of Civil Engineering, preferably with an emphasis on water and wastewater design.
* Professional Engineer License, or the ability to obtain, is preferred but is not required.
* 8 or more years of civil design experience.
* Strong technical writing ability
* Strong communication and time-management skills.
* Proficiency with Microsoft Suite- Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
* Proficiency with AutoCAD and Civil 3D is preferred.
* Possess the ability to interface with clients, both internal and external, network and development business new and existing clients.
The Thrasher Group has had a history of excellence for over 38 years. Ranked in the Top 500 Design Firms by the Engineering News Record, we are an innovative multi-disciplinary engineering, architecture, environmental, survey, and construction services firm that delivers successful projects to both public and private clientele. Our dedication to creative design solutions, well-managed projects, and exceptional customer service has made Thrasher one of the fastest growing engineering firms in the mid-Atlantic region.
Thrasher offers an excellent and competitive benefits package which includes relocation assistance, sign-on bonus, paid time off, 401(K) matching, medical, dental, and vision insurance, short- and long-term disability, tuition assistance, life insurance, and professional development opportunities.
The Thrasher Group conducts drug screening and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers. Authorization to work in the United States is a precondition of employment. "EEO/AA/E-Verify."