GreenState Credit Union
Member Service Representative
Job ID: 2021-2791
Type: Regular Full-Time
# of Openings: 1
GreenState Credit Union
GreenState is now taking applications for the Member Service Representative role. Ideal candidates will be friendly, patient, and conscientious team players who will constantly strive to do accurate work. GreenState will value your loyalty, attention to detail, cooperative attitude, and ability to do their job well, time and time again. Service starts with this key role and as an MSR, you are our service champion.
If you've got a passion for service and are willing to learn, we will train you! No degree required.
As an MSR you will work in tandem with other branch staff to deliver outstanding service to our members and proactively promote our superior credit union products on a daily basis. Come be a part of our team and be rewarded for your high quality work!
GreenState is proud to offer a Bilingual Pay Program for qualifying applicants.
Monday through Friday from 8:45 am - 5:45 pm, plus 3 out of 4 Saturdays from 9:00 am - Noon.
Pay range for this hourly position is $13.01 - $19.52 with a monthly incentive opportunity and a progressive benefits package.
Performs essential duties and responsibilities in the following areas which may include, but are not limited to those listed and are subject to change:
- Adheres to the Credit Union Service Standards in carrying out GreenState's mission and vision.
- Acknowledge/Greet each member with Welcome to Your Credit Union
- Appearance Adhere to GreenStates Credit Union dress code policy for front line staff
- Communication Speak professionally and clearly. Use proper vocabulary such as Good Morning, Happy to help, Certainly, Absolutely etc.
- Individual Needs Take ownership of members issues and creates a positive experience.
- Exceed Expectations Always go above and beyond expectations and perform requests with the smile, happy to help attitude.
- Confidence Own your knowledge
- Thank you Thank each member for their business and make them feel valued.
- Sales Ask questions, listen to your members needs and offer solutions that make sense.
- Promotes and implements GreenStates values:
- We Go Above and Beyond
- Were Truthful and Accountable
- Were Adventurous, Creative, and Open-Minded
- We Embrace Continuous Improvement and Efficiency
- We Create Fun
- We Build Positive Team Spirit
- We Grow Through Learning
- Were Bold yet Humble
- Adheres to the Credit Unions Core values and Service Standards in carrying out GreenStates mission and vision while following the 5 Star Service Standards.
- Ensures confidentiality of members account records and account information. Request identification whenever necessary and provide account information to only those members listed as primary or joint owners.
- Makes weekly outbound service calls to members.
- Answers member questions or refer members to appropriate departments or supervisors.
- Assists with member account discrepancies, statement problems, complaints and escalates as necessary.
- Performs member transactions including; deposits, withdrawals, transfers, check cashing, loan payments, credit card payments, cash advances, bond redemptions, disbursement of official checks, sale of money orders, cashier checks, savings bonds, and promotional sales materials.
- Builds member relationships by recognizing their financial needs and meeting those needs with the appropriate GreenState product and service or referring them to the specialized department (Wealth Management, Commercial, Mortgage, GreenState Insurance etc.) to be served.
- Maintains a satisfactory balancing record.
- Educates members and staff of the features and benefits of all our products and services.
- Refers products and services that benefit members to achieve team goals.
- Accepts and examines checks for endorsements and negotiability. Determine availability of funds based on regulations and policy. Place holds on accounts for uncollected funds when necessary, provide member with the proper documentation.
- Processes mail and night deposit transactions.
- Completes all forms including negotiable instrument logs, vault cash advances/turn-ins, direct deposit, member check orders.
- Participates in Opening and Closing procedures. Organize the MSR area and turn off all equipment (computers, copier, adding machines, lights). Ensure all confidential information is secured at the end of the day.
- Complete daily work including balancing and reconciliation of drawer offages.
- Monitors and manage the vault including cash disbursements, balancing, and end of day lock-up. Ensure that enough, but not excessive, funds are always on hand .
- Assists in security procedures. Has access to and is accountable for office keys and combinations.
- Balances, maintains, and corrects the coin machine and cash recyclers.
- Plays a vital role in enriching the community by participating in community service organizations and/or Credit Union sponsored events.
- Interpersonal skills to represent the Credit Union in a positive way.
- High energy with the ability to approach individuals to engage in conversation, build rapport, establish and maintain member loyalty.
- Thorough knowledge of deposit products and regulations.
- Accuracy in the handling of cash, recording daily transactions, and attention to detail.
- Good telephone manners and techniques.
- Ability to work with minimal direction and exercise sound judgment.
- Member account problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency with related computer applications, spreadsheets, word processing, and database applications.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships as a cohesive team.
- High school diploma or the equivalent (i.e. GED).
- Cash handling, sales, and customer service experience desired.
- Must be bondable.
- Reports to work punctually, works all scheduled hours, and works overtime as necessitated by business demand.
Reports to the Vice President/Branch Managers as assigned.
This position is not responsible for supervision of other employees.
Equal Opportunity Employment Statement
GreenState Credit Union is an EEO/AA Employer. M/F/Veteran/Disability. We strongly encourage minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply for openings with the credit union.