Job Type: Full-time
The Marketing Data Analyst is a self-driven individual who employs corporate branding and business development analytics expertise to further the Hoosier Hills Credit Union (HHCU) mission of making a positive difference in the lives of our members and the communities we serve. Working with all areas of the Credit Union, the Marketing Data Analyst plays an important role on the Marketing Team to achieve Marketing and Strategic Plan goals through analyzing marketing data, and developing and implementing effective market segmentation, targeted marketing messages, and data-driven strategies. Always member-centric, the Marketing Data Analyst strives to improve our connection to data and our ability to use data insights to solve for continuous improvements in communications, service, wallet share, and market penetration.
Member and Business Focus: Constant focus on exceptional member service and utilization of information analysis to help the Marketing Team drive Marketing and Strategic Plan results through data-driven strategies and initiatives.
- Builds, maintains and evolves reporting and dashboards to track key metrics and conducts insightful analyses on operational trends, challenges and opportunities to leverage data-driven feedback for Executive Leadership to help achieve strategic and financial goals.
- Coordinates the HHCU Voice of the Member program. Analyzes member survey results and ensures that surveys are conducted according to plan. Works with third-party vendors, the Information Technology team and other business units to evaluate progress and collaborates to ensure improvement of survey results.
- Utilizes data systems to observe trends, develop member profiles, and deliver more personalized messages to the right members at the right time through the right channel.
- Assists with Member Journey Mapping and member experience evolution strategies as a means of process and product improvement.
- Collaborates with the Retail Delivery team to analyze Referral and Cross-Sell initiatives, goals and performance while identifying areas of potential opportunity for revenue generation and business development.
Expertise and Technical Savvy The ability to leverage Marketing data knowledge and expertise to position the organization for a competitive advantage and to contribute to the Marketing Teams ability to impact member experience, strategic goals and organizational success.
- Analyzes Marketing Customer Information File (MCIF) and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) data to plan targeted cross-sell campaigns to meet strategic goals. Manages Marketings relationship with Marketing Customer Information File (MCIF) and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) platforms, as well as other available technology, to enhance segmentation and targeting strategies. Reviews, writes and edits resulting communications, creates targeted marketing messages, and monitors results. Updates rates and fees with MCIF, CRM and advertising vendors, in HHCU product manual and member-facing materials as needed.
- Analyzes trends and performance in member acquisition, retention, demographics, and product and channel usage, and determines next steps to improve performance. Performs market analysis studies including demographics, lifestyle segments, behavioral attributes, and more.
- Tracks campaign performance against Strategic Plan and Marketing goals and proposes data- driven best practices or efficiencies to improve future campaigns.
- Demonstrates thorough knowledge of the Credit Unions products and services and leverages understanding of the business to impact departmental and organizational objectives.
- Assists in the set-up and staffing of Credit Union events, which may require time outside of regular business hours and performs special projects and other duties as assigned by the President/CEO, the EVP/Chief Member Experience Officer, or the SVP/Marketing.
- Completes annual Bank Secrecy/OFAC and any related training annually as assigned by Training or Compliance Staff. Complies with all applicable BSA/AML laws, rules, regulations, policies and business practices established by Credit Union management.
Mission and Service: Living out our corporate mission as an integral part of the Hoosier Hills Credit Union and Marketing Team: To be better for our members by making a positive difference in their lives and in the communities we serve.
- Consistently delivers exceptional service to both internal and external members in alignment with the Credit Unions Service Promises and always acts in the best interest of the Credit Union, its employees and members.
- Demonstrates enthusiastic support of the corporate mission, core values and long-term objectives.
- Maintains the highest level of professionalism when interacting with internal and external members through friendly, informative and helpful communications, which are key to understanding and identifying needs, solving problems and representing the Credit Union well.
Teamwork and Collaboration: A consistent focus on team involvement and growth through the sharing of creative ideas that provide departmental and business value, offer needed assistance to others to enhance a positive work environment and focus on personal development.
- Makes plans happen through awareness, involvement, constant communication, and continual learning, and strives to improve self and team to create strategies for future focused positive results.
- Shares ideas for improvement with appropriate managers. Performs ongoing self-evaluation and seeks opportunities for personal development.
- Manages member touchpoints to ensure a positive member experience, consistent with corporate brand. Serves as a back-up responder to questions or comments on social media, website and emails, and involves other lines of business as needed to understand each situation and processes.
- Keeps current with marketing trends and competitor strategy by working with the Retail Delivery team and collaborating with other business units on competitive issues, collecting competitor communications and visiting websites on a regular basis.
- Represents the Marketing Team as needed in project and system development within the Credit Union to ensure plans are well-suited to optimal member experience.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Excellent mathematical and data analysis skills
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal, and written communications skills
- Adept at organizational and time management skills with a proven ability to multitask while maintaining high attention to detail and meeting deadlines
- Ability to work in a very fast-paced, growth-oriented environment
- Capability to anticipate and analyze business needs, think proactively, and respond appropriately
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft office suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, with excellent
presentation and communication skills necessary to illustrate data and facilitate data-driven decision-making
- Professional attitude, with well-developed interpersonal skills essential to deal courteously and effectively with a diverse group of employees, managers, callers, visitors, and vendors
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelors degree in marketing, journalism, or business-related field
- Three to five years marketing and/or data analytics experience
- Substantial experience utilizing market segmentation and customer relationship data and system platforms
- Ability to resolve basic to complex problems by leveraging business/Marketing knowledge and member expectations
- Knowledgeable about financial services products and service lines preferred, but not necessary
Working Environment and Physical Demands
- Typically an administrative-type setting with climate control and appropriate lighting
- Occasional travel to other HHCU locations or to conference or industry events
- Normal physical mobility and agility, which includes movement from place to place on the job, and the ability to maneuver body while in place
- Normal dexterity of hands and fingers, and normal coordination, including eye-hand, hand-foot
- Occasionally requires lifting and carrying up to 30 pounds
Performs other duties as assigned. Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time or without notice.