See all jobs in Baltimore MD
Job Location: Baltimore, MD
Location: Baltimore | MD | 21237 | USA
Schedule: Full Time
Carter Machinery Company, the authorized Caterpillar dealer serving Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Delaware and Washington D.C. is hiring Rental Sales Representatives in Baltimore, Maryland. The Rental Sales Representatives are responsible for promoting Caterpillar equipment and Allied product rentals. Duties include maximizing sales in an assigned territory by analyzing, planning and controlling the market objectives and sales opportunities with a plan of accomplishment. He/she will assist customers with equipment recommendations and technology advancements that enable greater productivity. The Rental Sales Rep. will assure all equipment deliveries meet the conditions of the rental agreement and monitor customer satisfaction with products. Seeking candidates with a minimum of two years' sales experience. Experience in a closely related industry such as material handling, construction, engineering or equipment distribution would be a plus
Requirements for the Rental Sales Representative positions include:
- Self-starter able to work with limited supervision; capable of developing objectives, setting priorities, and implementing ideas in a timely manner.
- High mechanical aptitude required; must understand construction phases, job situations, and project conditions for suggestion appropriate products to customers.
- Excellent customer satisfaction skills and the ability to build and maintain strong internal and external relationships.
- Able to service existing customers with periodic scheduled visits, and effectively prospect potential new customers.
- Must be a good listener with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be innovative and creative; able to quickly evaluate facts, and maintain good judgment when making decisions.
- Clean driving record and a valid driver's license required; capable of towing and operating equipment for demonstration purposes.
- Strong PC skills and the ability to self-develop and adapt to changing technology.
- Willing to travel and work hours required by the job and customer demand.
Physical requirements must be met for theRental Sales Representative jobs, including the ability sit or stand for prolonged periods of time. Able to lift, carry and maneuver items up to 20 pounds in weight. These positions may require reaching, standing, stooping, kneeling, bending and climbing beside, onto and under a variety of heavy equipment.This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Additional duties may be assigned.
Competitive Compensation and Benefits:
- Health, dental and vision insurance.
- Paid time off.
- 401(k), $0.75 to $1.25 match up to 6%.
- Life and disability insurance.
- In-house training instructors/programs.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Employee referral program.
- Discounts: cellular phone service, computers, tooling, cars and trucks.
Carter Machinery Co. Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities, or any other characteristic protected by law - are encouraged to apply.
Carter Machinery is a drug-free workplace.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)