The Forklift Operator is responsible for the loading and unloading of trucks, receiving, storing and distributing material and products to all departments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reads production schedule, customer orders, work orders, picklists, shipping orders or requisition to determine items to be moved, gathered or distributed.
- Distributes materials and items from receiving or production areas to storage or to other designated areas.
- Sorts and places materials or items on racks, shelves or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, type or product code.
- Sorts and stores perishable goods in designated areas.
- Maintains proper FEFO (First Expiration in First Out) staging at all times to ensure all items are staged in the order in which they expire (Oldest to Newest).
- Processes and distributes requisitions, work orders, requests for materials, or other stock items to other departments.
- Labels materials with barcodes containing identifying information (item, description, lot, use-by-date and pallet tag number) on inbound receipts.
- Records amounts of materials or items received and/or distributed on count sheets and picklists.
- Weighs or counts items for distribution within plant to ensure conformance to company standards.
- Maintains inventory records through proper scanning, labeling and storage of product.
- Performs weekly cycle counts of assigned area.
- Completes daily forklift checklist at the beginning of each shift.
- Reports any damage to forklifts, equipment, or product to supervisor immediately.
- Submits requests to supervisor for any needed maintenance or repairs on forklifts.
- Cross trains in all duties and responsibilities of all nonexempt Warehouse positions.
- Suggests ways to control labor and supply costs as well as improve processes.
- Ensures that all work activities are performed with attention to the highest standards for quality, safety and compliance with all appropriate legal and food safety requirements and a focus on continuous improvement.
- Ensures that all Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) are followed.
- Follows all company policies & procedures as well as the GMP's (Good Manufacturing Practices).
- Maintains a high level of safety awareness for an accident-free work place.
- Reports any unsafe or hazardous work conditions or safety-related issues to Management.
- Accomplishes all tasks as appropriately assigned or requested.
Education, Skills and Experience:
- High School or GED required.
- Minimum of 2 years of previous stand up forklift experience is required for this position.
Skills and Experience:
- A forklift certification is required from Nation Pizza and Foods within 48 hours of the start of their employment.
- Previous standup forklift experience and experience with bar coding and automatic data collection would be helpful.
- Ability to work overtime, irregular hours or rotating shifts.
- Excellent organizational skills as well multi-tasking skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with basic office equipment.
- Must understand numbers and apply basic statistics.
- Ability to compute by adding, subtracting and averaging numbers.
- Ability to analyze, interpret, correlate, and present data.
- Bilingual English/Spanish skills helpful.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with a variety of diverse individuals within the plant and corporate environments.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications.
- Ability to thrive in a constantly changing environment.
The Forklift Operator will report directly to the Warehouse Supervisor.
Average annual salary: $35,000 - $45,000/year which includes:
Hourly pay of $18.25-$19.75/hour, based on experience
Overtime after 40 hours per week; average work week 40-50 hours per week
Opportunities for advancement positions paying $50K-$60K/year
Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, and Voluntary Life) - 1st of the month following 60 days
PTO - 8 Personal after 60 days and begin earning additional PTO after 180 days of employment
- 401K Saving and Retirement Plan
- Paid Holidays
- Fitness Reimbursement
- Tuition Reimbursement
5-day work week; Rotating
Work 8:30pm-5am or until the work is completed, typically 8-12 hours per day
Scheduled work days may include holidays, but will include holiday pay
Must be flexible with work schedule; scheduled work days/times can vary
Please apply by forwarding copy of resume or call Recruiting Department, 847-348-7179.