Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reads production schedule, customer
orders, work orders, picklists, shipping orders or requisition to
determine items to be moved, gathered or distributed.
- Distributes materials and items from
receiving or production areas to storage or to other designated areas.
- Sorts and places materials or items on
racks, shelves or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as
size, type or product code.
- Sorts and stores perishable goods in designated
- Maintains proper FEFO (First Expiration in
First Out) staging at all times to ensure all items are staged in the
order in which they expire (Oldest to Newest).
- Processes and distributes requisitions,
work orders, requests for materials, or other stock items to other
- Labels materials with barcodes
containing identifying information (item, description, lot, use-by-date
and pallet tag number) on inbound receipts.
- Records amounts of materials or items
received and/or distributed on count sheets and picklists.
- Weighs or counts items for distribution
within plant to ensure conformance to company standards.
- Maintains inventory records through
proper scanning, labeling and storage of product.
- Performs weekly cycle counts of assigned
- Completes daily forklift checklist at
the beginning of each shift.
- Reports any damage to forklifts,
equipment, or product to supervisor immediately.
- Submits requests to supervisor for any
needed maintenance or repairs on forklifts.
- Cross trains in all duties and
responsibilities of all nonexempt Warehouse positions.
- Suggests ways to control labor and supply costs as well as improve
- Ensures that all work activities are performed with attention to
the highest standards for quality, safety and compliance with all
appropriate legal and food safety requirements and a focus on continuous
- Ensures that all Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) are
- Follows all company policies & procedures as well as the GMP's
(Good Manufacturing Practices).
- Maintains a high level of safety awareness for an accident-free
- Reports any unsafe or hazardous work conditions or safety-related
issues to Management.
Accomplishes all tasks as appropriately
assigned or requested.
Education, Skills and
High School or GED required.
Minimum of 2 years of previous stand up forklift experience is required
for this position.