JOB TITLE: ENGAGEMENT AND OPPORTUNITY PROFESSIONAL
- To provide care, supervision, support and guidance of all assigned consumers to ensure a safe, healthy, secure and pleasant environment, which promotes and reinforces consumer growth and development.
- To assist in the development and implementation of the Individual Program Plans and to document consumer progress.
- To support consumers in their growth towards greater independence in self-care, daily living skills, socialization and community living.
- Responsible for the engaging of opportunity in all area of their lives. This will be done using focused strategies the help in all domains of the person's life.
- Receives direct supervision from the Residence Manager/Team Leader.
- A high school Degree or General Equivalency Diploma, one year of experience working with persons with mental retardation and at least 18 years of age.
- Good communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Requires the ability to lift,(minimum 50 lbs.) carry, fold, kneel, reach, stack, stoop, and bend which may require direct contact with consumers.
- Possess manual dexterity and fine motor skills.
- Must possess a valid Pennsylvania drivers' license and an acceptable driving record.
- Requires the ability to communicate both verbally and in writing to effectively complete paperwork and communicate with co-workers, supervisory personnel, family and outside professionals.
SPECIFICDUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participates in the development and implementation of Individual Service Plan or Plan Of
- Oversees and assists the consumers in the completion of their household chores, house maintenance, personal care, meal preparation, shopping, social and recreational activities, medical appointments, and associated transportation services as necessary.
- Completes files and maintains all required documentation which includes daily logs, incident reports, medication logs, consumer and household petty cash logs, and other related forms as directed by the supervisor.
- Conducts fire drills at least monthly and completes necessary documentation.
- Maintains residence, vehicle, and equipment in a safe, functional, and secure manner conductive to the consumer's physical well being.
- Assists the consumers in the expression and fulfillment of their needs by being familiar with, and following the community life plan for each consumer.
- Provides crisis intervention strategies as prescribed in agency policies and procedures for handling emergency situations.
- Responds in accordance with agency policies and procedures for handling emergency situations.
- Participates as a team member in supervisor, staff and team meetings.
- Understands the purpose of adaptive equipment; makes recommendations as to adaptive equipment that would allow consumer to be more independent and functional; insures adaptive equipment is available and used by the consumer.
- Supervises and/or administers the taking of medication in accordance with the regulations and policies and procedures of the agency governing medication administration.
- Attends professional development sessions monthly and maintains required certifications in compliance with the State 6400 Regulations.
- Manages relationships with consumers, visitors, families, team members, staff and neighbors by responding to inquiries with tact and sensitivity. Demonstrates a courteous, cooperative attitude while maintaining strict standards of confidentiality and professional conduct.
- Assures the overall safety of the consumers by maintaining a hazard free environment and avoiding potentially dangerous situations.
- Ensures that all necessary food and other household items are in ample supply and are stored properly.
- Plans and initiates a variety of social and recreational activities for the consumers and supports consumers in their involvement in these activities.
- Reports to work, meetings and appointments in a punctual manner prepared to work.
- Cooperation and Team Effectiveness: Works effectively with others towards a common goal. Establishes and sustains a positive impact on people. Actively and positively contributes to morale and teamwork.
- Flexibility and Adaptability: Adjusts behavior, style or schedule as situations change. Handles multiple tasks.
- Independence: Performs work assignments with minimum need for supervision and guidance.
- Initiative, Interest and Motivation: Originates actions and actively influences events. Offers suggestions without waiting to be asked. Anticipates and responds to others' needs promptly and courteously.
- Interpersonal Communication: Effectively expresses self. Listens attentively. Creates a climate of open communication. Respects confidentiality and privacy. Treats people with dignity and respect. Takes into consideration the needs and position of others.
- Management Support: Keeps supervisor well informed of status of assignments. Responds to requests and leadership of supervisor. Helps supervisor get support for departmental goals and plans.
- Planning, Productivity, and Time Management: Demonstrates ability to set goals, assign priorities, anticipate problems, establish limits, and achieve results. Completes multiple tasks with timeliness. Schedules and uses time efficiently. Achieves quality results.
- Supports and follows all agency policies and procedures as well as complying with all applicable State regulations.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities related to the overall increase in quality of the program and the way it operates.