Job Title: Quality Technician
Reports To: Director, Quality
Division: Mega Kinetics Fluid Systems (Tualatin)
Mega Fluid Systems (MFS) is a division of Kinetics Equipment Solutions Group (KESG). At the Tualatin location, we primarily manufacture slurry delivery equipment serving the semiconductor manufacturing industry in support of the CMP (Chemical Mechanical Planarization) process. Mega is a leader in the industry and is committed to being our customers supplier of choice.
Summary: Performs and documents inspection on parts or sub-assemblies received from outsource vendors and finished assemblies in manufacturing. Assists in defining and improving processes as part of a team.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Interpret and record inspection results.
Inspect mechanical components against engineering drawings.
Inspect sub-assemblies against mechanical/engineering drawings.
Perform functional test of sensors and similar devices using proprietary test equipment.
Collaborate to define/refine work methods, performance measures, and pursue continuous improvement.
- Attention to detail
- Basic computer skills (MS-Word, Excel)
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Demonstrated ability to do basic math and use a calculator, including convert fractions to decimals and SAE to metric.
- Ability to use basic hand tools: screwdriver, pliers, wrench.
- Ability to use measuring devices: tape measure, protractor, ruler, depth gauge, pin gauge, go/no-go gauges, volt-ohm meter.
- Read and interpret mechanical drawings, electrical schematics, hydraulic diagrams (P&ID)
- Apply workmanship standards to inspected components
- Familiarity with common quality control processes (e.g. NCR)
- Mechanical aptitude with a clear understanding of pneumatic schematics, piping and instrument diagrams, mechanical drawings and BOM's.
- Familiarity with ISO 9001 or other Quality Management Systems.
- Two years of education and/or experience in electrical/mechanical engineering or physical sciences.
- Physical requirements include sitting, standing, walking, bending, and occasionally lifting 30 lbs. over the course of the workday.
We recognize people are the key to our success. We value diversity, inclusion, collaboration, and individual contribution to achieve our objectives.
We embrace business processes to achieve our mission through innovation and continuous improvement.
We take ownership and responsibility for safely and efficiently delivering results that meet the needs of our customers and employees.
We thrive on being clever, original, and inventive, often in the process of applying ideas to solve problems or meet challenges.
We are flexible and adaptable to meet the challenges facing our customers and impacting our stakeholders.
We operate with the highest level of ethics and integrity in all aspects of our business.