Full-Time position with comprehensive benefits package including Medical; Dental; Vision; Retirement; Flexible Spending Account; Health Reimbursement Account; Tuition Reimbursement; Paid Time Off; Paid Holidays; Short and Long Term Disability Insurance; Life and AD & D Insurance.
HumanKind is seeking a full-time licensed or resident outpatient therapist to join the Blackwater Counseling Team in Lynchburg.
What makes Blackwater Counseling unique? Our counseling team is part of the growing HumanKind family and your clients will have access to many of our other programs offering a wide array of resources.
The Outpatient Therapist will assist individuals, groups and families through the counseling relationship using a combination of clinical mental health and human development principles to develop an understanding of personal problems, to define goals, and to develop action plans to resolve lifes challenges.
- Provides client counseling services to a varied population of children, adolescents, adults, families and couples
- Delivers case management services
- Follows all regulations in service provision and documentation
- Take initiative to link clients to other services of the agency
- May work with community groups around unmet and special needs and may carry a special community assignment relevant to agency program
- Prepares reports and forms necessary to satisfy agencys needs for accountability (i.e. recording, statistics, etc.)
- Requires a Masters degree in Counseling or Social Work or related field or education equivalent to a Masters degree from an accredited college or university.
- Must be registered as a resident or licensed counselor/social worker with the Virginia Board of Health.
- Valid Driver's License and acceptable driving record.
- Complete all required background checks including drug test.
HumanKind embraces and values diversity. Our goal is to attract, develop, retain and promote a talented workforce in a culture where all employees contribute to their fullest potential.