Do you have the gift? A desire to be of service to others?
Caring for seniors is a labor of love that requires a special person with just the right touch. The gift of service is a reciprocal one in that our caregivers feel they get back as much as they give:Leaving their shift knowing that they have made a positive difference in their clients day.
Providing much needed socialization and seeing their clients smile and laugh.
Building a close rapport and a trusted friendship with their clients.
Knowing you have given peace of mind to client's family members and loved ones.
Home Instead of Dauphin County is looking for caring and compassionate CAREGivers to become a part of our team and join our mission of enhancing the lives of aging adults throughout our community. Home Instead provides a variety of non-medical services that allow seniors to remain in their home and meet the challenges of aging with dignity, care and compassion.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
*No previous experience necessary - skills training provided by Home Instead*
- Companionship and conversation
- Light housekeeping tasks and meal preparation
- Medication and appointment reminders
- Assistance with grooming and bathing
- Assistance with toileting and incontinence issues
- Alzheimers Care
Requirements to be a CAREGiver:
We have a variety of shifts available with competitive pay.
- Ability to treat and care for seniors and their property with dignity and respect
- Ability to communicate with clients in a friendly and congenial manner
- Complete a criminal background check, DMV check and drug screen
- High School Diploma or GED
- Possess a valid drivers license, car and valid auto insurance