Coordinates the planning, organization, control, and completion of specific assigned engineering projects. Identifies project requirements and assigns project staff according to requirements. Ensures compliance with engineering principles, company standards, and customer specifications. Controls or monitors project budget and prepares project reports.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs engineering design evaluations and works to complete projects within budget and scheduling restraints.
- Reviews industry policies and procedures to ensure data accuracy, security, and regulatory compliance.
- Reviews reports of production, malfunction, and maintenance to determine or address problems.
- Designs, implements, and communicates, an operational plan for completing the project.
- Monitors progress and performance against the project plan and akes action to resolve operational problems and minimize delays.
- Identifies, develops, and gathers resources necessary to complete the project.
- Participates in design for manufacturing/design for reliability (DFM/DFR) sessions for potential programs with customers.
- Serves as the primary liaison between the customer, sales, quality, and production by providing on-going project communication in regards to the project and facilitating the collaboration between teams.
- Provides on-going project communications (I.e., conference calls, WebEx sessions, meetings, etc
- Assists in the training of peers and shares best practices with them.
Qualifications: (Education, Training, Skills, and Experience)
- Bachelor's degree in Plastics Engineering, Industrial/Manufacturing Engineering, or Biomedical Engineering or equivalent combination or education and experience.
- 2 or or more years' experience as a Project Engineer within the plastic injection molding industry.
- 5 or more years' general general engineering experience in a ISO certified manufacturing environment.
- 3 to 5 years experience in project management within manufacturing field or PMP certification preferred.
- Advanced understanding and application of the communication requirements needed to successfully management a project through to production as well as build and maintain strong relationships with customers, suppliers and peers within the organization.
- Working knowledge and application of manufacturing/design for reliability (DFM/DFR).
- Highly computer literate with capability in email, MS Office, and related business and communication tools.
- Working knowledge or SolidWorks, Moldflow, RJG and other related software/programs.
- Works well under pressure and meets tight deadlines.
- Working knowledge of IQMS strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities and creative solution development.