The primary responsibility of this job group is to perform various turning, milling, drilling, and related operations (including inspection work) to products. Examples of the job groups activities include: operation of assigned machines using appropriate measuring and inspection equipment (including tear down and bringing tools to the machine, but no pre-setting of tools), and monitoring the process.
- Locate and read blueprints, job travelers, and bills of material.
- Operate CNC Machining centers and teardown of fixtures and tooling.
- Responsible for machine offsets.
- Use measuring instruments to ensure conformance of finished part to specifications.
- Responsible for upkeep of the machines cleaning, filling oils, filling coolants, and other production maintenance upkeep.
- Responsible for burring parts, checking parts, and filling out audit sheets.
- Must be able to communicate with leaders and work well with others in a team environment.
- Must be familiar with the production goals of the department; assist in meeting those goals through the application of best practices identified by Engineering and Management.
- Work efficiently throughout the day in spite of machine downtime or other delays in production.
- Follow all safety and housekeeping procedures.
- Conformance to production and administrative procedures.
- Enhancement of existing processes.
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION/CERTIFICATES & EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or GED preferred
- 2-3 years of relevant machining experience preferred
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Skilled in the use of measuring instruments such as calipers, micrometers, dial indicators and optical comparators.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints to manufacture parts to engineering specifications.
- Technical Ability effectively apply written/verbal instructions from procedures, documents and blueprints, etc
- Ability to Learn assimilating and apply new, job related information in a timely manner
- Adaptability maintaining effectiveness in a changing environment, assignments, responsibilities and/or priorities
- Basic Computer Skills