See all jobs in Shaftsbury VT
Job Location: Shaftsbury, VT
Location: Shaftsbury, VT
Salary Interval: Full Time
Date Posted: 04/29/21
Peckham Industries delivers the highest quality materials and custom solutions to thousands of road construction and road maintenance customers throughout New York and New England. We have several Hot Mix Asphalt and Concrete Plants, Quarries and Terminals, as well as, a paving and reclamation division all located throughout the NY and New England area.
Thank you for your Interest in Peckham Industries. Please complete the application in its entirety and if you have a resume and/or cover letter, please upload a copy before submitting.
Dailey Precast, LLC, headquartered in Shaftsbury, VT specializes in the design and manufacturing of quality precast/prestressed concrete products. Our projects include parking structures, building exteriors, bridges, sports stadiums and retaining walls throughout Metro New York/New Jersey, Upstate New York, and New England.
The Site Manager reports to the General Manager and provides leadership and direction for all management at the Shaftsbury location.
- Manages across multiple departments to align and maximize Safety, Quality, Productivity, House Keeping and Preventative Maintenance
- Ensures all OSHA and other regulatory compliance is maintained Builds competent leadership teams in each department and supports them through employee development.
- Leads ad hoc project teams to support customer solutions and capital improvements
- Researches and implements manufacturing best practices
- Breaks down annual/monthly goals into meaningful metrics for each department, and holds team members accountable for achieving desired results
- Leads production planning to balance demand at lowest cost and highest service levels
- Drives continuous improvement and operational excellence
- Coach and mentor department managers to boost efficiencies, control costs, and maximize plant capabilities.
- Collaborate with design and sales leaders to achieve collective goals.
- Facilitate accurate reporting of production and inventory
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensivelisting of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for thisjob. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering, business management, finance, or other technical field; or equivalent combination of education and professional experience
- 7+ years of leadership experience in Operations Management
- Strong financial acumen with demonstrated results in P&L management
- Proven ability to communicate effectively and diplomatically as well as maintain relationships as they change over time.
- Ability to thrive and adapt in a fast paced, stressful, dynamic, and changing work environment
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative team environment
Equal Opportunity Employer
Peckham Industries is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, pregnancy or pregnancy related condition, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Peckham, please contact THIS EMAIL .