See all jobs in Shaftsbury VT
Job Location: Shaftsbury, VT
Location: Shaftsbury, VT
Salary Interval: Full Time
Date Posted: 04/29/21
Peckham Industries delivers the highest quality materials and custom solutions to thousands of road construction and road maintenance customers throughout New York and New England. We have several Hot Mix Asphalt and Concrete Plants, Quarries and Terminals, as well as, a paving and reclamation division all located throughout the NY and New England area.
Thank you for your Interest in Peckham Industries. Please complete the application in its entirety and if you have a resume and/or cover letter, please upload a copy before submitting.
The primary role of this position is to work under the direction of the Operations & Department managers performing various tasks as directed. As a Yard Truck Operator at Wm. E. Dailey Inc. employees are responsible for maintaining Yard Truck / Equipment, operating dump truck and other equipment, flat deck and drop deck trailers inside and around outside of plant facility, hooking and securing loads prior to movement and washing & cleaning of equipment.
In order to fulfill the duties of this job the employee should have the ability to lift up to 50 lbs., climb up and down from truck, trailers and move load materials (i.e. tools, dunnage, rigging etc....) when needed.
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Follow all Company Safety Policies and Procedures as well as MSHA / VOSHA regulations and guidelines. Support VPP activities, objectives and programs.
- Responsible for arriving to work at time scheduled. Upon start of work be prepared with proper PPE.
- Responsible for punching in at time clocks.
- Follow instruction to maintain a steady work flow throughout the day.
- Check with management before leaving work area for any reason.
- Notify management of any upcoming scheduled time off, appointments, etc.
- Maintain proper care of tools and equipment.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area.
- Help prepare/stage materials for next day to maintain efficient work flow. Inform crew leader of missing materials of information in order to avoid stoppage.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a manufacturing and construction setting.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensivelisting of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for thisjob. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Organizational Skills
- Communication Skills (verbal).
- Ability to meet established deadlines.
Preferred Education, Experience and Certifications
- High School Diploma
- Experience working in the manufacturing/construction environment is required.
- Valid Driver's License (CDL Preferred but not required)
Equal Opportunity Employer
Peckham Industries is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, pregnancy or pregnancy related condition, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Peckham, please contact THIS EMAIL .