GovernmentCIO is looking for experienced ServiceNow Developers to build/maintain custom scoped applications.
GovernmentCIO aims to transform government IT by delivering the technology-related innovations necessary to improve governmental operations every day.
You might be a good fit if you care about.
- Quality: systems built in such a way where change is easy, and the cost of change is reduced to near zero. We practice modular design, TDD, and adhere to SOLID programming principles.
- Human Centered over Functional Design: Providing a user experience that honors the needs of the user and drives adoption and transformation.
- Value over Velocity:
- Continuous Delivery over Deadlines
- Whole Team approach: Collaboration, Mentorship, and Autonomous teams.
- Personal & Professional Growth: Learning and growth are part of our culture. 4 Hours every Friday are dedicated and budgeted to grow our people: Now Learning, Platform release training, sharing cool stuff.
- Sustainable work week:
- Being agile over doing Agile
- Drive innovative business solutions focusing on human centric design to drive adoption and real transformation. User Experience is key.
- Work with lead architect to design application architecture leveraging Now platform functionality, open sources libraries, and custom development to align with quality principles.
- Develop and enhance custom Scoped Applications on the ServiceNow platform both independently and leading a small squad of junior developers. Coaching and mentorship is available to guide mid-level developers into technical leadership positions.
- Develop and support the integration of 3rd party systems with ServiceNow, MID server, & web services.
- Be a lead contributor on how ServiceNow can be used to integrate to new and existing technologies.
Required Skills and Experience
- At least 3 years of hands-on experience with the development, configuration, implementation and support of production and non-production ServiceNow instances
- ServiceNow Scoped Application Development experience
- Strong hands-on experience with ServiceNow client side and server-side scripting
- Good problem solving and debugging skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communications, with a proven history at being able to work and collaborate effectively with non-technical team members and/or clients.
- Understanding of functional and object-oriented programming. Your code can pass the sniff test.
- Care about code quality, modularity, using design patterns and making the code robust and joy to work with
- Good understanding of database schema design and data modelling
- Working knowledge of the Automated Test Framework in ServiceNow.
- Architectural principles to build highly scalable systems.
- At least one ServiceNow Certification, preferably Certified Application Developer.
Preferred Skills and Experience (this is optional)
- Knowledge of React and Typescript
- Modern Development Practices like: CI/CD, Version Control, etc
- Node.JS and NPM
- Being obsessed with Test Driven Development
- Knowledge of functional programming
- ServiceNow Micro Certifications
- Personal website to show case projects.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.