GCIO has opportunities to for you to have real impact in improving the lives of the finest, most deserving stakeholder group on Earth our United States veterans. An all-volunteer force for over 4 decades, these valiant and honorable people have served and sacrificed to make freedom and justice a reality. Now that they are out of active service, we need talented technical people to ensure these heroes can find and obtain all the services and benefits they need and have earned so they too can enjoy the freedom they have so bravely provide all of us. Every day at GCIO, you will be making a real difference for the better in the lives of thousands of veterans. Reach out now to find out more about how to be a part of the team that serves those who served us.
We need engineers that can work with building out Ruby based services in an open-source environment (currently the largest open-source effort within Federal government), preferably within a Rails framework. You would work in a fully remote team with front end engineers and designers to create experiences, and see direct end user feedback throughout our Agile development process.
To be successful in this role, you need to have:
- 2+ years Ruby/Rails coding experience (knowledge of RACK applications)
- 1+ years SQL query writing experience
- 1+ years GITHUB experience (version control, actions)
- More than basic knowledge of microservices architecture, SOLID design principles, API integrations, DevSecOps, AWS Cloud svcs
- College/University degree, or post-secondary education/training equivalent to a Bachelors degree
You stand out if you have some of these skills/experiences:
- Experience with Jenkins, Sidekiq, Graphana, Puma, PostgreSQL RDBMS, Redis, Sentry, Agile, Scrum
Reach out to us today to apply and begin what may be the most worthwhile job experience youll ever know.
Apply here at https://bit.ly/3xIXPoe
Find out about the organization at www.governmentcio.com
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.