The Maintenance Technician performs maintenance, preventative maintenance, repairs and/or overhauls equipment and related plumbing, electrical, and pneumatic and hydraulic components that make up the facility. Directly reports to the Maintenance Manager for proper direction, interpretation, and evaluation. Maintains and guarantees quality and safety standards which Balchem requires.
- Understand how to operate equipment as per operation guidelines to include safety procedures and guidelines. Understand equipment, processes, and monitoring of equipment operation.
- Record and maintain accurate data on documents as necessary. Ensure all paperwork is complete (including time cards) in an accurate and timely manner. Ensure documentation complies with Company standards.
- Keep a neat, clean, and orderly work setting by completing the cleaning tasks as assigned. Complete the Master Sanitation Schedule (MSS) as necessary.
- Observe safety and security procedures, determine appropriate action beyond guidelines, and report potentially unsafe conditions.
- Consistently be on time to work, meetings, and training sessions.
- Attend all Company-sponsored training events, i.e., safety training talks and annual training sessions, targeted for continuing personal growth and development.
- Become proficient in areas of production and safety policies and procedures
- Must maintain a flexible attitude towards improvement and change.
- Perform others duties as assigned.
Adhere to all Company policies and procedures, i.e. personnel, safety, and equipment maintenance and upkeep. Become proficient in areas of production and safety policies and procedures (accident/injury reporting, blood borne pathogens, confined spaces, emergency evacuation, equipment operation/maintenance, hazard communication, ladders, lockout/tag out, personal protective equipment, etc.).
Qualifications: (includes Knowledge/Education/Experience/Special Skills/Certifications):
- Associates Degree or College Degree (prefer Industrial maintenance and mechanics); two to three years related experience and/or training; or an equivalent combination of education or experience is preferred.
- Individual must be equipped with strong motivation, organization, time management, documentation, and communication skills (both orally and written).
- Must have excellent attention to detail and have the ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Ability to utilize common sense and skills in completing responsibilities and operating equipment conforming to Company production, personnel, and safety procedures.
- PLC knowledge and experience a plus!
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, operation manuals, preventative maintenance, and troubleshooting guides.
- Demonstration of strong work ethics (punctual, dependable, and trustworthy).
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Must be able to pass any required examinations necessary to perform essential functions of the job.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Must be able to communicate and handle conflict in a professional manner.
- Ability to give and welcome feedback and contribute to building a positive team spirit.
- Must possess proven, electrical, electronic, pneumatic, and hydraulic system troubleshooting skills.
- Building maintenance skills such as: concrete repair, plumbing, and HVAC experience is helpful.
- Possession of a Minnesota class 2B boilers license is required to have or be obtained within 6 months of hire date.