Radius Health is an equal opportunity employer. EEO/Disabled Individuals/Veterans. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to THIS EMAIL . Click here to navigate to the EEO is the Law poster. Click here to navigate Radius Health's Pay Transparency Policy.
Job ID: 2021-2193
Type: Regular Full-Time
# of Openings: 1
The Accountant is responsible for performing various accounting functions in support of the GL close and financial reporting and performing control activities to support the effectiveness of the Companys internal controls. This position will also work closely with the Accounting Manager and Controller to continuously improve accounting processes, procedures and financial reporting.
- Performs general ledger procedures including journal entries, supporting schedules, analyses, and documentation to ensure accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close.
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare financial statements in support of accurate and timely management reporting.
- Ensure financial records are maintained in compliance with accepted policies and procedures.
- Assists with the coordination and execution of internal and external audits on a quarterly and annual basis.
- Assists with research into accounting guidance as well as supporting documentation to identify the appropriate accounting treatment for significant and/or complex transactions.
- Supervision of staff accountant as needed
- Assists with the development and implementation of goals, policies, and procedures relating to accounting and external reporting.
- Assists with the preparation and review of quarterly Form 10-Qs and annual Form 10-Ks to be filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
- Assists in the performance of internal controls in support of the continued effectiveness of the Companys internal controls.
- Participates in the process improvement and ERP integration projects and assist with other financial operations improvements projects as required.
- Assists with ad hoc projects as needed.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Requires a Bachelors or higher degree in Accounting or equivalent.
- Strong analytical capabilities and an ability to understand and improve processes.
- 0 - 3 years of accounting/finance experience in public accounting or private industry; experience in life sciences industry is a plus.
- Experience in a SOX compliant environment preferred.
- CPA candidate is strongly preferred, but not required.
- Demonstrates understanding of GAAP and ability to research
- Detailed oriented and strong organizational skills with ability to manage multiple priorities to meet assigned deadlines.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications; advanced knowledge in Excel is a plus.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with Oracle is a plus
The work is performed remotely with heavy computer duties. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Frequent travel is not required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to use hands to type
Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.