Radius Health is an equal opportunity employer. EEO/Disabled Individuals/Veterans. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to THIS EMAIL . Click here to navigate to the EEO is the Law poster. Click here to navigate Radius Health's Pay Transparency Policy.
Medical Affairs Scientific Communications Manager
Job ID: 2021-2174
Type: Regular Full-Time
# of Openings: 1
Category: Med Affair Ops - Dept
The Medical Affairs Scientific Communications Manager is an entry-level position focused on creation, review and quality control of scientific content and communication materials primarily for the Radius Medical Affairs team.
- Provide medical writing and editorial support for development of abstracts, oral and poster presentations, and manuscripts, and additional medical communications activities within Medical Affairs
- Assist with the development of a Scientific Communication Platform and Scientific Messaging resources developed from it.
- Contribute to the development of asset publication plans
- Help coordinate the development, review, and approval of publications in accordance with Radius policy and best practices (GPP3, ICMJE)
- Review of publications to quality check agency produced materials.
- Conduct literature gap analysis at regular intervals to identify medical communications gaps and opportunities
- Conduct literature surveillance and provide reports as needed (regular basis and topic specific ad hoc lit searches as necessary)
- Assist with review and prioritization of medical and scientific congress involvement (including educational grants) and attendance of Medical Affairs team members based on strategic objectives, in coordination with Medical Affairs Operations Manager
- Doctorate degree (PharmD, PhD, MD) preferred. PA/NP/RN considered with appropriate experience
- Experience with scientific content development or medical writing for the pharma/biotech industry or academia
- Familiarity with Good Publication Practices Guidelines (GPP3) and ICMJE Recommendations
- CMPP certification is a plus
- Familiarity with regulatory and compliance guidelines governing scientific exchange in pharma/biotech
- Experience in osteoporosis/bone health is a plus
- Ability to translate complex scientific data into clear, compelling, accurate scientific messaging
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft, Excel, and PowerPoint, EndNote applications
The work is performed in a typical office environment with heavy computer duties. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet. Frequent travel required. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to use hands to type, handle paperwork and sort, file or manipulate documents. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement:
Radius Health, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Radius Health, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.