Radius Health is an equal opportunity employer. EEO/Disabled Individuals/Veterans. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to THIS EMAIL . Click here to navigate to the EEO is the Law poster. Click here to navigate Radius Health's Pay Transparency Policy.
Associate Director & Counsel, Corporate
Job ID: 2021-2207
Type: Regular Full-Time
# of Openings: 1
Category: Legal - Dept
Reporting to the Assistant General Counsel, Corporate and Business Development, the Associate Director & Counsel, Corporate will provide guidance and legal support to various finance and business functions. S/he will have primary responsibility for drafting, reviewing and negotiating a wide variety of contracts including those in support of Radius IT, Human Resources, R&D and commercial teams. Working closely with the Assistant General Counsel, s/he will also assist with public company reporting and securities filings, assist in matters relating to the Board of Directors and Investor Relations, and play a key role in other ongoing corporate matters. He/she must be able to work well under pressure and within a fast-paced environment in a highly professional manner. The role requires the ability to work independently while at the same time obtaining input and feedback from, and coordinating with, other stakeholders and functions, as appropriate. The ideal candidate will have strong drafting skills, excellent communication skills and a thorough understanding of laws and regulations applicable to the biotech and pharmaceutical industries. Lastly, the incumbent will assist in preventing or minimizing legal risk to the company and driving legal strategy in alignment with the companys strategic goals.
This is a remote position as Radius is primarily a virtual company.
- Draft, review and negotiate a high volume of contracts including confidentiality, clinical site agreements, sponsored research agreements, master service agreements, and consulting agreements.
- Identify and advise internal clients of business, legal and compliance issues in the contract negotiation process to enable them to make informed decisions, collaborating with appropriate internal stakeholders to resolve, as needed.
- Interact with internal clients to understand their business and contract requirements and priorities.
- Provide contract management support post-execution, including, but not limited to: interpreting contract language; drafting amendments and termination letters; and assisting with payment disputes, as needed.
- Assist with public company reporting and securities filings and preparation of proxy materials and annual shareholder meeting matters.
- Independently manage corporate matters related to legal entities.
- Assist in matters related to Board of Directors and Investor Relations activities, including drafting Board resolutions and minutes and reviewing press releases.
- Ensure compliance with the Contract Approval Policy and identify and report policy deviations.
- Contribute to the review and development of contract templates and playbooks.
- Effectively communicate contract terms and obligations to internal stakeholders.
- Assist other members of the Legal Department on various other tasks and projects, as needed.
- JD required from an accredited law school and admission to a state bar
- 3-5+ years of experience in either a law firm or in-house setting drafting/negotiating agreements supportive of IT, human resource, R&D, clinical and business operations
- Experience in the biotech, pharma or medical device industry
- Significant experience in negotiating life science-related agreements, including CRO and other master service agreements, material transfer agreements, consulting agreements, and confidential disclosure agreements
- Ability to build consensus with diverse stakeholders and third parties and form strong, collaborative working relationships with clients. Comfortable in front of partners, outside advisors, peers and senior management in both leading and supporting roles.
- Proven analytical capacity, superior financial and business judgment; ability to recognize business impact of legal advice.
- Solid understanding of key issues in pharmaceutical contracting terms and conditions
- Knowledge of laws and regulations applicable to the biotech and pharmaceutical industries
- Demonstrated leadership qualities
- Ability to manage a significant number of projects simultaneously while maintaining attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; must be able to interact with clients at all levels
- Ability to work independently and handle negotiations with minimal supervision
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and fast paced environment
The work is performed primarily in a remote office environment with occasional required in person office work, meetings, and/or travel. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to use hands to type, handle paperwork and sort, file or manipulate documents. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee is required to utilize audio visual programs for frequent meetings and discussions with fellow employees, vendors, outside agencies and/or customers. The employee may lift and/or move up to 10 pounds occasionally.
Radius is a commercial biopharmaceutical company committed to serving patients with unmet medical needs in endocrinology and other therapeutic areas. Radius lead product, TYMLOS (abaloparatide) injection, was approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration for the treatment of postmenopausal women with osteoporosis at high risk for fracture. The Radius clinical pipeline includes investigational abaloparatide injection for potential use in the treatment of men with osteoporosis; an investigational abaloparatide transdermal system for potential use in the treatment of postmenopausal women with osteoporosis; the investigational drug, elacestrant (RAD1901), for potential use in the treatment of hormone-receptor positive breast cancer out-licensed to Menarini Group; and the investigational drug RAD011, a synthetic cannabidiol oral solution with potential utilization in multiple endocrine and metabolic orphan diseases, initially targeting Prader-Willi syndrome.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Radius Health, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or protected veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Radius Health, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.