Radius Health is an equal opportunity employer. EEO/Disabled Individuals/Veterans. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to THIS EMAIL . Click here to navigate to the EEO is the Law poster. Click here to navigate Radius Health's Pay Transparency Policy.
Medical Director, Medical Affairs
Job ID: 2021-2201
Type: Regular Full-Time
# of Openings: 1
Category: Medical Affairs
The Medical Director, Medical Affairs plays a pivotal role in helping to ensure that Radius osteoporosis patients derive optimal benefits from safe & effective use of our related product(s). This individual will provide critical medical expertise and support for late stage development (Phase IIIb), post-marketing surveillance (Phase IV), as well as pre- and post- approval commercial planning and implementation. These goals will be achieved through extensive collaboration with colleagues in Medical Affairs (Communications/Pubs/Etc.), Clinical Development, Regulatory Affairs, Pharmacovigilance, Sales, Marketing and other internal functions, as well as external agencies, KOLs, investigators, practitioners, etc. Forging an effective and compliant partnership with the Commercial organization is essential.
- Developing a medical plan that is both product specific and disease area focused and in alignment with Commercial, translating appropriate corporate strategies into effective Medical launch and life cycle management activities.
- Provide ongoing, interactive medical expertise in support of effective & compliant commercial activities including:
- Provides knowledge and expertise to the marketing teams in utilizing key clinical data and medical trends for developing appropriate and effective commercial/promotional materials that differentiate Radius products
- Contribute to development and proper/compliant use of sales related educational & promotional materials. This includes developing and conducting field force training
- Development and/or review of commercial-related presentations
- Participation in -or leadership of- advisory boards, meetings with major healthcare providers, etc.
- Provides key medical expertise and input in support of the development, management and implementation of Phase III - IV product support studies for Abaloparatide/Osteoporosis.
- Provides key medical expertise and input in support of developing and implementing an effective and compliant medical communications strategy; including support of Medical Science Liaison team activities
- Maintains effective relationships and communications with external stakeholders including KOLs, prescribing physicians, advisory boards, etc.
- Publish in peer-reviewed literature and present at national and international health meetings on topics related to Radius products and therapeutic areas.
- Provides/presents key medical information, insight and advice to the Executive Team & Radius Board as required.
- Develops and provides Radius medical perspective to regulatory organizations, clinical organizations, etc.
- Plays a key role in investigating, responding to and resolving product related adverse events.
- Minimum 3-5 years in biotech/pharmaceutical/medical device industry including support of commercial phase product(s) in Phase III through Phase IV.
- Advanced scientific degree. MD/DO, NP, PA, PhD, PharmD or equivalent degree with experience in bone health, orthopedic surgery, osteoporosis
- Experience in building and maintaining effective relationships with external KOLs, advisory boards and other key external therapeutic area influencers
- Demonstrated ability to maintain scientific credibility, and to communicate scientific results and effectively respond to queries from customers and/or consultants.
- Working knowledge of U.S. Regulatory requirements pertaining to the pharmaceutical sales and marketing.
The work is performed in a typical office environment with heavy computer duties. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to use hands to type, handle paperwork and sort, file or manipulate documents. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Radius is a science-driven biopharmaceutical company focused on developing new therapeutics for patients with osteoporosis as well as other serious endocrine-mediated diseases.
Radius is committed to the research and development of new therapeutics for the large and underserved osteoporosis market. The Company's lead investigational drug product candidate, abaloparatide (BA058), is in development, in both injection (Abaloparatide-SC) and transdermal (Abaloparatide-TD) methods of administration, for the potential prevention of fractures in post-menopausal women at risk of fracture from osteoporosis.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Radius Health, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Radius Health, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.