See all jobs in Mansfield TX
Job Location: Mansfield, TX
Address: 1250 Heritage Pkwy
Klein Tools is now offering a 2nd shift differential in pay, up to $1.00/hr more! We are also offering a $1000.00 sign-on bonus!
Since 1857 Klein Tools, a family-owned and operated company, has been designing, developing and manufacturing premium-quality, professional-grade hand tools. The majority of Klein tools are manufactured in plants throughout the United States and are the number one choice among professional electricians and other tradespeople.
The Maintenance Technician I is responsible for maintaining, troubleshooting, and repairing at least two types of machine equipment. This position will minimize machine downtime and unplanned breakdowns by performing preventive maintenance work,
completing repairs in a timely manner, and implementing maintenance process improvements. This position will conduct safety inspections on equipment and comply with all safety rules and regulations while performing work.
1. Maintain and repair manufacturing equipment, processes, and systems on at least two types of machine equipment, which may include mechanical, hydraulics, pneumatics, or electrical.
2. Perform painting, sheet metal work, welding as needed.
3. Diagnose machine malfunctions, disassemble and determine extent of repairs necessary, estimate labor time, purchase or make repair parts, and conduct, test, and release repairs.
4. Perform preventive maintenance operations including inspecting drives, motors, and belts, check fluid levels, replace filters, worn parts, and clean and lubricate machinery.
5. Monitor safety standards and complete scheduled inspections for all machines.
6. Maintain and repair the facility, which may include utility, plumbing, HVAC, electrical, carpentry, and masonry.
7. Assist with installation of capital equipment and electrical wiring systems in a safe, timely, and competent manner.
8. Maintain the electronic asset management and maintenance record keeping systems.
9. Assist with completing repair project plans and project status reports, as required.
10. Keep work area in clean and orderly condition, complying with established 6S standards.
11. Perform all other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma/GED and three (3) years experience in manufacturing equipment repair are required. Full working knowledge in troubleshooting and repair of two types of machines, which may include mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, or electrical, is required. Experience with EMaint maintenance work order system is preferred.
Must have basic math and computer skills. Ability to weld, fabricate, repair, and install equipment. Ability to learn, problem solve, and make decisions per work instructions and documents. Ability to communicate and work as a team member. Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand basic English.
Klein Tools provides a competitive compensation and benefits package, including:
- 401(k) Company Match
- Profit Sharing
- Paid Vacation/Holidays
- Shared Cost Medical & Dental
- Flex Spending
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Employee Discount Program
If you have the commitment to succeed and the desire to join an organization recognized as the industry leader, please submit your cover letter and resume.
No phone calls please.