See all jobs in Mansfield TX
Job Location: Mansfield, TX
Address: 501 Easy Drive
Klein Tools has a 160-year history of serving the hand tool needs of professional tradesmen with products that represent a standard of excellence, innovation, technology and quality in our industry. We are looking for candidates who want a career working with The Premier Brand of Hand Tools.
We are currently looking for a Product Compliance Engineer to be located in our Mansfield, TX Facility.
The Product Compliance Engineer is responsible for reviewing projects to ensure product compliance is achieved in a proactive and documented manner. This position will also be responsible for providing the new product development team with compliance direction for projects as they navigate the design phases and maintaining an awareness of regulatory compliance matters to leverage and fulfill certifications for products.
Specific Responsibilities will include:
- Collaborate with external groups and internal engineering teams to ensure projects satisfy compliance standards in a timely and efficient manner.
- Develop compliance plans by researching, analyzing, selecting, and applying compliance engineering concepts.
- Identify and resolve engineering design issues to ensure compliance.
- Interpret federal/state/international regulations, assess the impact to our products, and devise strategies to reach compliance.
- Act as a liaison with regulatory agencies.
- Resolve non-compliance issues and guide team to remedy design changes.
- Document compliance by coordinating reports, testing, and certifications/approvals.
- Audit policies and standards to ensure products maintain compliance.
- Perform other duties as required within the nature and level of work.
Qualified applicants will possess a Bachelors Degree in Engineering or related field and one (1) year of experience in a professional Engineering environment.
Knowledge and understanding of Industry, Federal and State OSHA, and Municipality safety and product standards/regulations, testing and certification requirements, and ISO and US Consensus related symbols is preferred. Experience with manufacturing methods and procedures is a plus.
Must have the ability to apply analytical thinking, deductive reasoning and problem-solving techniques effectively.
Strong written, oral, and presentation skills and the ability to collaborate in a team environment.
Klein Tools provides a competitive compensation and benefits package, including:
- 401(k) Company Match
- Profit Sharing
- Paid Vacation/Holidays
- Shared Cost Medical & Dental
- Flex Spending
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Employee Discount Program
- Onsite Employee Fitness Center
If you have the commitment to succeed and the desire to join an organization recognized as the industry leader, please submit your cover letter and resume.
No phone calls please.