See all jobs in Lincolnshire IL
Job Location: Lincolnshire, IL
Address: 450 Bond Street
Klein Tools has a 160+ year history of serving the hand tool needs of professional tradesmen with products that represent a standard of excellence, innovation, technology and quality in our industry. We are looking for candidates who want a career working with The Premier Brand of Hand Tools.
We are currently looking for a Senior Electrical Engineer to be located in our Lincolnshire, IL Facility.
The Senior Electrical Engineer will be responsible for supporting the test and measurement category. The position will lead new product development projects from feasibility, through development, pilot, and up to launch. In addition, the Senior Electrical Engineer will manage quality improvement and cost reduction projects that improve customer satisfaction and profitability, utilize problem-solving skills to analyze engineering difficulties and define appropriate corrective actions, and perform competitive research and learn from customers to define design requirements for new products.
Specific Responsibilities will include:
1. Lead new product development from feasibility through launch.
2. Research, design, develop, and test hand-held test and measurement projects.
3. Create or assist in schematic development and design of the product.
4. Work closely with others in Engineering, Product Management, and Sales department.
5. Lead development teams at our outside partners.
6. Perform competitive analysis, and learn ways to improve our products with this knowledge.
7. Manage quality improvement and cost reduction projects.
8. Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualified candidates will possess a Bachelor's of Science in Electrical Engineering (required) or Masters of Science in Electrical Engineering (preferred) with a minimum of three (3) to five (5) years of electrical experience in component level design and development and new product introduction (NPI) of electronic products.
Prior experience in the design of hand-held electronic products and rechargeable battery systems is preferred. Prior exposure to embedded systems and working with specifications and test plans is preferred.
Proficient with computers and software compilers such as C, C++, or similar.
Individual has to have strong analytical, planning, organizational, and conflict resolution skills. Ability to manage major engineering projects and lead a project team, communicate with all levels of the team and complete projects on time and within budget is required.
Klein Tools provides a competitive compensation and benefits package, including:
- 401(k) Company Match
- Profit Sharing
- Paid Vacation/Holidays
- Shared Cost Medical & Dental
- Flex Spending
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Employee Discount Program
- Onsite Employee Fitness Center
If you have the commitment to succeed and the desire to join an organization recognized as the industry leader, please submit your cover letter and resume.
No phone calls please.