See all jobs in Mansfield TX
Job Location: Mansfield, TX
Address: 501 Easy Drive
Klein Tools has a 160+ year history of serving the hand tool needs of professional tradesmen with products that represent a standard of excellence, innovation, technology and quality in our industry. We are looking for candidates who want a career working with The Premier Brand of Hand Tools.
We are currently looking for a Product Engineering - Project Mechanical Engineer to be located in our Mansfield, TX Facility.
The Product Engineering - Project Mechanical Engineer is a leadership role where the individual is responsible for project outcomes and on-time delivery. This role involves complex problem solving and review of related information to evaluate and develop options and implement solutions with minimal direction.
Specific Responsibilities will include:
- Determine appropriate theoretical principals and approach to be taken using judgment in the independent evaluation, selection and adaptations of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria in order to design equipment and systems which will allow the company to meet program requirements.
- Make decisions independently on engineering problems and methods and represent the organization in vendor meetings to resolve important questions and to plan and coordinate work.
- Plan, schedule, conduct or coordinate detailed phases of the engineering work in a total program or project. Perform work which includes complex features such as resolution of conflicting design requirements, unsuitability of standard materials and difficult coordination requirements.
- Conduct detailed feasibility studies for any proposed equipment or systems to include reviewing design and development plans, reviewing cost estimates and evaluating engineering proposals and specifications.
- Coordinate and schedule activities concerned with technical development and resolve any engineering design and test problems.
- May act as a liaison with customer and vendor representatives to ensure adherence of design specifications to the ultimate user's needs and requirements.
- Constantly review and implement changes as needed to keep active projects on time.
- Prioritize engineering projects in alignment with the needs and strategic goals of the organization.
- Maintain close contact with associated team leaders, business unit managers and executive team.
- Assist in providing direction to other engineers within the department and project teams.
- Minimize negative financial impact within the various facilities during project implementation.
- Performs other duties as requested.
Qualified applicants will possess a Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering (appropriate for the assigned area) from an ABET accredited institution or program with a minimum of 5 years of direct work experience in the area.
Must have excellent technical, analytical, planning and organizational skills. Must have demonstrated experience facilitating complex projects and solutions with multiple interactions.
Must have conflict resolution skills and demonstrated team leadership experience. Must have strong oral and written skills with the ability to present both technical analysis and financial based justifications allowing further decision making within all levels of the organization. Ability to function in an environment of constantly changing priorities, goals and direction often amid stressful conditions and under time constraints.
Travel is minimal, but may be necessary at times.
Klein Tools provides a competitive compensation and benefits package, including:
- 401(k) Company Match
- Profit Sharing
- Paid Vacation/Holidays
- Shared Cost Medical & Dental
- Flex Spending
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Employee Discount Program
If you have the commitment to succeed and the desire to join an organization recognized as the industry leader, please submit your cover letter and resume.
No phone calls please.