Bay State Community Services
If you are looking to be part of a non-profit agency that has an excellent reputation, strength-based supervision and high regard when it comes to honoring the mission of our work, Bay State Community Services is the right place for you. Apply now!!
The Occupational Therapist Assistant will assist in the treatment of patients as directed by the Occupational Therapist.
What You Will Be Doing to Make a Difference
- Helps occupational therapy clients by providing rehabilitative services to persons with mental, physical, emotional, or developmental needs.
- Provides treatment to patients as directed by the Occupational Therapist.
- Maintains patient occupational therapy records by recording client's progress for use by the occupational therapist.
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by establishing, following, and enforcing standards and procedures and complying with legal regulations.
- Communicates with supervisor and other interdisciplinary team members regarding patient progress, problems, and plans
- Participates in patient-care conferences and weekly rehabilitation meetings
- Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records according to accepted regulatory, corporate and professional guidelines. Records daily treatment charges per agency standards
- Ability to work cooperatively with all departments and disciplines following established policies, procedures or guidelines of the location served.
- Must demonstrate professional attitude, behavior and appearance.
- Provides parent education and consultation as appropriate
- Assists in preparing clinical and progress notes.
Salary/Benefits-Bay State Community Services recognizes all the hard work of our staff and provides outstanding benefits including:
- Competitive compensation
- BENEFITS START DAY ONE!!!!!
- 3 weeks accrued vacation upon hiring; 4 weeks accrued vacation after 2 years of service
- 11 paid holidays
- Outstanding Health and Dental Benefits
- 403(b) Retirement Plan with employer match
- Life and Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Medical FSA and Dependent Care Account
- Mileage for all employees that drive for BSCS as part of their job responsibility
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Voluntary Short-Term Disability Plan
- Voluntary Vision Plan
- Career Ladder and Job Advancement
- Associate's Degree or higher in Occupational Therapy required
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Currently licensed as Occupational Therapy Assistant or license eligible in Massachusetts and/or nationally certified
- Current CPR certification
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Valid MA driver's license with acceptable driving record and current proof of insurance
- Acceptable CORI and SORI background record check as required by program
Bay State Community Services is committed to diversity, inclusion, and social justice. We are committed to providing an environment free from harassment of any kind, and mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all qualified applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Bay State Community Services believes diversity and inclusion, and social justice is an action, and as such seeks to operationalize policies, procedures and systems that support a talented, and diverse workforce.