Bay State Community Services
If you are looking to be part of a non-profit agency that has an excellent reputation, strength-based supervision and high regard when it comes to honoring the mission of our work, Bay State Community Services is the right place for you. Apply now!!
Are you looking to begin your career in social services? Being a Therapeutic Mentor at Bay State Community Services (BSCS) will give you the support, training and team approach so that you can make a difference in a youth who needs behavioral health supports.
What you will be doing to help others
Making authentic connections with the youth.
Working collaboratively with the youth's team.
Developing activities that will increase social skills, communication, and peer relationships.
Using strength-based interventions that address the youth's behavioral health needs.
Supporting the youth and family in developing a risk management plan developed with a master level clinician
Salary/Benefits-Bay State Community Services recognizes all the hard work of our staff and provides outstanding benefits including:
BENEFITS START DAY ONE!!!!!
3 weeks accrued vacation upon hiring; 4 weeks accrued vacation after 2 years of service
11 paid holidays
Outstanding Health and Dental Benefits
403(b) Retirement Plan with employer match
Life and Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
Medical FSA and Dependent Care Account
Mileage for all employees that drive for BSCS as part of their job responsibility
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Voluntary Short-Term Disability Plan
Voluntary Vision Plan
Career Ladder and Job Advancement
Student Loan Forgiveness
This position is open to Full-Time and Part-Time jobseekers.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Service field and 1 year relevant experience working with children/adolescents/transition age youth; OR
- Associate's degree in Human Service field and 1 year relevant experience working with children/adolescents/transition age youth; OR
- High School Diploma or GED and minimum of 2 years relevant experience working with children/adolescents/transition age youth
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Bilingual Speakers Encouraged to Apply
- Knowledge of and ability to assess human growth and development, principals of Wraparound and Systems theory
- Valid MA driver's license
- Acceptable CORI and SORI background record check as required by program
Bay State Community Services is committed to diversity, inclusion, and social justice. We are committed to providing an environment free from harassment of any kind, and mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all qualified applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Bay State Community Services believes diversity and inclusion, and social justice is an action, and as such seeks to operationalize policies, procedures and systems that support a talented, and diverse workforce.