J. A. Watts, Inc. (JWI) is a woman-owned professional services firm that believes in treating its clients and employees like family at every level of our company. Our family culture is what we're known for, and we work to stay true to who we are. That's how we manage our projects and how we recruit THE Best People in our industry. Our clients come from all walks of life, and so do we, which makes us stronger together.
Are you someone with project and/or construction experience working in airports? JWI has a great opportunity at the Denver International airport to support a variety of projects. This role is responsible for supporting Project Managers and Senior Project Managers with various project management support including participation in meetings, coordination with the scheduling and cost controls teams, evaluating changes, preparing project reports, etc. at the Denver airport. This position will report to the assigned Project Manager, Senior Project Manager, or designated Client Lead.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support project objectives, policies, procedures, and performance standards within boundaries of company policy and contract specifications.
- Assist Project Manager with writing technical documents, testing plans, and proposals.
- Plans, specifications, and cost estimates.
- Confer with clients, sub-consultants, and contractors to discuss work procedures, complaints and construction problems.
- Make recommendations to the Project Manager or own project adjustments accordingly.
- Assist the Project Manager to oversee project staff and j Aid in the investigation of potential situations, evaluate potential problems and make recommendations regarding corrective action to the Project Manager.
- Complete daily, weekly, and monthly reports concerning work progress, costs and scheduling Review project schedule; coordinate schedule updates and distribute internally and externally.
- Represent the company in project meetings and attend strategy meetings.
- Review contracts and facilitate revisions, changes, and additions to contractual agreements with architects, consultants, clients, suppliers, and subcontractors.
- Help negotiate professional and contractual service agreements.
- Work with the Project Manager to understand the financial aspects of the contract(s) to protect the company's interest and simultaneously maintain a good relationship with the client.
- Provide support to the Project Manager to help ensure those project deliverables are on time, within budget and at the required level of quality (Recommend opportunities for improvement).
- Develop, draft, and review proposed construction plans and specifications to meet client requirements for interior renovations and remodels.
- Produce and present space planning and programming documents to the owner.
- Prepare and monitor punch list items.
- Perform other duties as required/directed.
- A bachelor's degree in construction management, architecture or engineering, or equivalent work experience; EIT or Professional Engineer a plus.
- 1-4 years of experience, preferably in engineering, project or construction management; transportation, construction, or aviation industries preferred.
- Strong interpersonal, administrative, and organizational skills, including the ability to negotiate and resolve conflict.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to balance multiple priorities, work and communicate effectively in a team environment, and meet deadlines.
- Experience using MS Office suite and industry-related project management software; Microstation or AutoCAD a plus.
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance options for employee and family
- Health Savings and Flexible Spending Account options available
- Company-provided group life, short and long-term disability, and voluntary life options
- Company-provided IDTheft protection coverage
- Company-provided student loan repayment resources
- Matching 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid time off and holidays
- Professional development and tuition assistance