The Quality Engineer (Internal) will be primarily responsible for meeting our quality requirements and goals as they relate to internal quality as well customer quality, problem resolution, documentation and change approval. In addition, the Quality Engineer will also provide leadership for continuous improvement team activities in specific manufacturing departments. Coordinates activities with Production, Manufacturing Engineering and Quality Assurance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: The essential duties and responsibilities of this job are included but not limited to this job description other tasks may be assigned and expected to be performed.
- Identify areas for improvement related to quality and recommended solutions to identified problems. Implement approved changes using quality principles and document requirements on a timely basis.
- Help facilitate continuous improvement and learning across functional areas through training and communication of quality initiatives.
- Lead in implementation of software to record inspection data that allows for the elimination of paper record keeping.
- Participate in quality audits to help identify and resolve production and quality system deficiencies.
- Report to management any issues prior to missing an objective.
- Ensure quality requirements are met and improved upon for internal manufacturing processes.
- Lead internal meetings to drive corrective actions to various departments.
- Perform various internal quality and process audits to ensure conformance to IATF 16949 requirements.
- Perform various internal layered process audits to continually improve internal quality and production.
- Bachelor's Degree Required
- 5+ Years of automotive manufacturing experience; Three (3) years Quality Engineer experience is highly desired
- Engineering or in a related field of study and at least five years of QE leadership experience in an industrial and/or automotive environment. Experience with lean manufacturing, project management, and ISO procedures is preferred.
- Ability to think critically and creatively in high stress situations. Must be able to work independently while maintaining a distinguished level of time and priority management.
- Proficient problem solving and root cause analysis skill.
- Preventative action experience with cost savings analysis
- Intermediate knowledge of Excel, Word required;
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work; excellent time management skills required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to clearly communicate verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrate good judgment and decision making with the ability to analyze situations and present a resolution(s).
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works in wet or humid conditions (non-weather), works near moving mechanical parts or within risk of electrical shock.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Tsubaki is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability