The Payroll Specialist processes weekly field trades payrolls and bi-weekly administrative payrolls; manages monthly union fringe reporting and provides clerical and administrative support to the Payroll/Human Resources Department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: The essential duties and responsibilities of this job are included but not limited to this job description other tasks may be assigned and expected to be performed.
- Audits and reviews timesheets for accuracy prior to payroll entry. Follows up on missing/incomplete information on timesheets.
- Responsible for bi-weekly administrative payrolls (less than 100 employees) and weekly payroll processing for a fluctuating headcount of up to 400 trades/union employees, ensuring accurate hours, earnings, fringes and deductions.
- Processes on demand layoff checks, adhering to union contract requirements for layoff payments.
- Maintains current union contracts and is knowledgeable about requirements of each.
- Prepares and submits required union reports, ensuring accuracy and timely submission.
- Responds to and gathers data as needed for various external audits.
- Conducts internal audits, as assigned, to ensure that the payroll/HRIS system is properly configured and calculating required fringes.
- Responsible for setting up new union fringes, and updating existing union fringes and pay rates in payroll/HRIS system.
- Is main point of contact for payroll related employee questions.
- Enters newly hired trades employees into payroll/HRIS system. Ensures new hire paperwork is accurately completed. Follows up on missing/incomplete forms.
- Regularly audits payroll data to ensure accurate W-2s.
- Properly calculates benefit and salary prorations for administrative payroll status changes, including new hires, leave of absences, and terminations
- Coordinates with Paylocity to resolve taxation issues.
- Sets up, processes and responds to garnishments and wage garnishment.
- Responds to verifications of employment and unemployment notices.
- Assists with E-Verify process for trades employees.
- Maintains employee electronic/paper files.
- Tracks vacation/personal usage requests.
- Provides clerical and administrative HR assistance to the Payroll / Human Resources Department.
- Regular and timely attendance.
- Other tasks/functions/projects as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Associate's degree preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of payroll processing experience required, with experience processing union/trades payrolls, multi-state, and certified payrolls a plus or the ability to quickly learn these types of payrolls.
- One to three years of Human Resources experience a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate clearly and comfortably with all employees.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work based on deadlines; excellent time management skills are necessary to succeed in this very fast-paced environment.
- Ability to maintain and handle confidential information discreetly.
- Ability to think analytically.
- Attention to detail and accuracy highly critical in this role.
- Must be able to foster and support a teamwork environment, placing a high emphasis on excellent customer service.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook required.
- Time and Attendance software experience is a plus.
- Paylocity payroll experience a plus.
Tsubaki is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability