The Per Diem (PRN) Registered Nurse Case Manager provides skilled nursing care for hospice patients on an as needed/on-call basis based on their availability. The Per Diem RN Case Manager assesses the needs of the patient/family unit and plans, implements, and evaluates the nursing care in accordance with physician orders and the interdisciplinary plan of care.
The Per Diem RN Case Manager works as needed based on their availability. The position offers flexibility and variety
The salary for the Per Diem (PRN) Registered Nurse Case Manager is $37.50.
Responsibilities of the Per Diem Registered Nurse Case Manager include:
- Completing nursing assessments and updating plans of care;
- Providing direct hospice nursing care to patients in order to maintain their highest level of comfort and quality of life, and regularly assessing for nursing care needs;
- Initiating appropriate interventions and monitoring the outcomes;
- Educating patients/family members;
- Coordinating hospice nursing care when outside agency involvement is required; and
- Ensuring necessary medical equipment, supplies, and services are available.
Qualifications for the Per Diem (PRN) Registered Nurse Case Manager include:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing and current Registered Nurse (RN) licensure in the State of Michigan;
- Two years of recent clinical experience is preferred. Homecare or hospice experience desired;
- Sound clinical judgment;
- Knowledge and/or experience in pain symptom management with end of life care; and
- A willingness and ability to work as needed, sometimes on short notice.
Hospice of Holland is a financially strong non-profit organization deeply committed to providing the best care for hospice patients and their families. The Per Diem Registered Nurse Case Manager plays a critical role in that mission.
PRN staff could be asked to cover any open need, which could be days, evenings, overnights, or weekends depending on need and the person's availability.
PRN staff average 4-8 hours per week, but typically cover at least an 8 or 12 hour shift. It's possible that they would cover a full week or several days depending on the need and the person's availability.