The Weekend On-call Registered Nurse Case Manager provides on-call skilled nursing care for hospice patients in person and telephonically. The On-Call RN Case Manager assesses the needs of the patient/family unit and plans, implements, and evaluates the nursing care in accordance with physician orders and the interdisciplinary plan of care.
This is a great position for someone looking to earn extra money, or who wants to free up their weekdays without losing benefits. It also offers the flexibility to combine it with the Weeknight On-Call position, which covers Sunday through Thursday night from 8:00 p.m. to 8:00 a.m.. For instance, a candidate could choose to add Sunday night, or Thursday night, or some other combination.
The Weekend On-Call Registered Nurse Case Manager offers two base options (other arrangements will be considered):
- Weekend Days: Every other Saturday and Sunday from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. This option is guaranteed pay for 24 hours per pay period.
- Weekend nights: Every other weekend Friday and Saturday night from 8:00 p.m. to 8:00 a.m. (primary on-call) and 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Saturday and Sunday (as the 3rd back-up). This option is guaranteed pay for 40 hours per pay period.
A candidate who wants to add extra nights would have additional compensation added based on how many nights.
The starting salary for the On-Call Registered Nurse Case Manager is typically between $32.75 and $37.00 with a sign on bonus.
Responsibilities of the Weekend On-Call Registered Nurse Case Manager include:
- Responding to family/care giver and patent calls either in person or telephonically;
- Diagnosing what the issue/need is and formulating the best clinical response needed to maintain the patients highest level of comfort and quality of life, and assessing for nursing care needs;
- Initiating appropriate interventions and monitoring the outcomes;
- Educating patients/family members;
- Ensuring necessary medical equipment, supplies, and services are available;
Qualifications for the Registered Nurse Case Manager include:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing and current Registered Nurse (RN) licensure in the State of Michigan;
- Two years of recent clinical experience is preferred. Homecare or hospice experience desired;
- Sound clinical judgment; and
- Knowledge and/or experience in pain symptom management with end of life care.
The Weekend On-Call RN Case Manager position enjoys full benefits, which include:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance;
- Life and disability insurance;
- A 401k with match;
- Paid time off;
- Paid holidays;
- Continuing education assistance;
- Mileage; and
- Cell phone reimbursement.
Hospice of Holland is a financially strong non-profit organization deeply committed to providing the best care for hospice patients and their families. The On-Call Registered Nurse Case Manager plays a critical role in that mission.