The Weeknight On-call Registered Nurse Case Manager provides on-call skilled nursing care for hospice patients in person and telephonically. The RN Case Manager assesses the needs of the patient/family unit and plans, implements, and evaluates the nursing care in accordance with physician orders and the interdisciplinary plan of care.
The Weeknight On-call Registered Nurse Manager offers great flexibility. Candidates can choose how many nights a week they want to work per week between Sunday and Thursday night. The On-call RN Case Manager is on-call from 8:00 p.m. to 8:00 a.m. and is guaranteed pay for the full shift(s) they cover. Options are even available to combine with weekend nights. (Friday and Saturday nights)
The starting salary for the Registered Nurse Case Manager is typically between $32.75 and $37.00 an hour with a sign on bonus.
Responsibilities of the Weeknight On-Call Registered Nurse Case Manager include:
- Responding to family/care giver and patent calls either in person or telephonically;
- Diagnosing what the issue/need is and formulating the best clinical response needed to maintain the patients highest level of comfort and quality of life, and assessing for nursing care needs;
- Initiating appropriate interventions and monitoring the outcomes;
- Educating patients/family members;
- Ensuring necessary medical equipment, supplies, and services are available;
Qualifications for the Registered Nurse Case Manager include:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing and current Registered Nurse (RN) licensure in the State of Michigan;
- Two years of recent clinical experience is preferred. Homecare or hospice experience desired;
- Sound clinical judgment; and
- Knowledge and/or experience in pain symptom management with end of life care.
The Weeknight On-Call RN Case Manager position enjoys benefits, which include:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance (with 24 or more hours per week);
- Life and disability insurance (with 24 or more hours per week);
- A 401k with match;
- Paid time off;
- Paid holidays;
- Continuing education assistance;
- Mileage; and
- Cell phone reimbursement.
Hospice of Holland is a financially strong non-profit organization deeply committed to providing the best care for hospice patients and their families. The On-Call Registered Nurse Case Manager plays a critical role in that mission.