Patient Care Administrator
Hospice of Holland, MI US
Responsible for the coordination of all patient related documents, communication, and day-to-day operations of the patient care area.
The Patient Care Administrator works weekdays Monday through Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm with a rotating weekend and holiday schedule.
Salary Range for this position: $15.75 to $19.75 Hourly
Responsibilities of a Patient Care Administrator (Include but are not limited to):
- Manages all hospice and palliative care documents including distribution, maintenance, filing, and storage and retention;
- Manages interdisciplinary communications in an effort to assist in meeting patient needs through the coordination of communication tools including the on-call line and the on-call schedule;
- Prepares reports and other supporting documents for IDT meetings;
- Collaborates with the Billing Administrator to ensure efficient and correct billing;
- Coordinates required physician documentation including scanning records into patient electronic charts, faxing records to facilities and physician offices, recording signatures and filing and tracking records;
- Assists Director of Clinical Care with establishing and maintaining work schedules for staff in the patient care area,
- Communicates on-call schedules to appropriate personnel;
- Assists Clinical Care Manager with assigning of patients to the HHAs.
- Acts as back-up to the Admissions Administrator performing efficient operation of the patient referral, intake, and admission operations, including maintaining key measurements, accurate records and appropriate data generated by these operations.
Qualifications for the Patient Care Administrator Position includes:
- Education: High School Diploma or Equivalent;
- Experience: One-year experience working as an administrative assistant or secretarial work; healthcare preferred.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Demonstrable skills in word processing, excel, windows applications and the internet;
- Excellent communication, organizational and follow through skills;
- Maintain flexibility in dealing with a variety of issues involving patient care;
- Ability to organize and focus attention to detail and accuracy;
- Maintain confidentiality;
- Strong customer service and excellent people skills.
The Patient Care Administrator Position is Full Time Monday through Friday with a rotating weekend and holidays and enjoys full benefits, which include:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance;
- Life and Disability Insurance;
- Paid Time Off;
- 401k with Match;
- Paid Holidays; and
- Continuing Education Assistance.
Hospice of Holland is a financially strong non-profit organization deeply committed to providing the best care for hospice patients and their families. The Patient Care Administrator plays an important role in that mission.
Monday through Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm with a rotating weekend and holiday schedule.
40 hours a week