The Hospice Certified Nurses Aide is a member of the interdisciplinary group who works under the supervision of a Registered Nurse and provides various services for hospice patients as necessary to meet their personal needs and to promote comfort. The Certified Nurse Aide (CNA) is responsible for observing the patient, reporting these observations and documenting observations and care given.
If you want to spend more time with patients and provide compassionate care during a difficult time, then this position might be right for you. Its not just a job, its a calling.
Starting salary for the Hospice Certified Nurses Aide is typically between $14.50 and $17.50 per hour.
Responsibilities of the Hospice Nurses Aide, CNA include:
- Providing personal care (bathing, skin care, oral hygiene, changing bed linen, washing hair and nail care);
- Assisting with patient safety needs;
- Assisting with ambulation and exercises as assigned;
- Assists with feeding, as needed;
- Takes and records vital signs;
- Assists with respite for caregiver when on-site, (as needed); and
- Assists with range of motion and other simple procedures to maintain comfort.
Qualifications for the Hospice Nurses Aide include:
- High school diploma or GED;
- One year experience in hospice, long term care, or home care; and
- Being a Certified Home Health or Nurses Aide (CNA) in the State of Michigan.
The Hospice Certified Nurse Aide (CNA) is a full-time fully benefited position, which includes:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance;
- Life and disability insurance;
- A 401k with match;
- Paid time off;
- Paid holidays;
- Continuing education assistance; and
Hospice of Holland is a financially strong non-profit organization deeply committed to providing the best care for hospice patients and their families. The Hospice Aide plays a critical role in that mission.
Monday through Friday, base hours 7:00a.m. to 3:00p,m,. Start and end times may vary based on patient visit schedule. Weekend on-call rotation, 8:00a.m. to 5:00p.m.. The frequency depends on how many Aides are on staff.