See all jobs in Albany NY
Job Location: Albany, NY
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION: Our firm began in 1971 with one goal in mind: to provide excellence in service and professional expertise to our clients. Now, well into our fifth decade, Teal Becker & Chiaramonte, CPAs, P.C. is still delivering on that promise.
Through the years this focus was core to growth as we added staff and services, expanded to our current location, and garnered recognition and awards. It enabled us to attract and retain the finest CPAs and financial professionals in the market and has driven our firm's growth in size, experience and stature. Our focus on excellence has continued for all our clients, from individuals and firms with few employees and modest revenue, to corporations with revenues in the hundreds of millions.
EOE STATEMENT: We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Senior Accountants work closely with others in the firm to assist our clients, management, owners and/or others charged with governance of privately held businesses, not for profit organizations, governmental entities, employee benefit plans and individuals. The Senior Accountant provides accounting, auditing, tax and/or other consulting services to clients within established firm and accounting guidelines with minimal supervision.
In general, approximately 80% - 85% of your time will be associated with these assigned tasks to include but are not limited to:
- Perform planning and fieldwork procedures in accounting and auditing engagements (including client inquiry, analytics and testing).
- Preparation of financial statements
- Prepare federal and state income tax returns for corporate, individual, partnership, fiduciary, trusts, estates and non-profits.
- Prepare any other governmental filing as necessary.
- Perform basic accounting functions including bookkeeping, and reconciliations
- Research accounting and/or tax standards and applicable legislation.
- Build communication skills with internal teams and management.
- Start to build relationships with clients. May serve as primary contact with a client.
- Oversee staff accountants and interns on assigned engagements.
The remaining 15% - 20% of your time will likely be devoted to the following:
- Participate in firm directed CPE and on the job training.
- Networking and business development
- In-house projects (committees, working groups, etc.)
- Mentoring, training, development of newer staff
POSITION REQUIREMENTS: Candidates must have a B.S. in Accounting or a closely related degree. MST, MSA or other industry related graduate degree is preferred. 150 relevant Credit Hours (As required for the CPA Exam) and should be on the CPA career track and working towards obtaining your CPA License. Candidates should also have a basic knowledge of accounting concepts. At least one year of relevant professional work experience. Candidates must also have strong computer, communication and interpersonal skills, be organized, detail-oriented, energetic, and have a desire to learn. Must be able to excel in deadline-driven environment. Integrity, with an ability to handle confidential information is critical to this role. In addition, client contact is required, and this individual should be able to communicate effectively with client employees and members of a client's management.
The Senior Accountant works a standard day shift in an office environment. Role may require travel or alternate work schedule based on client needs.
This position is contingent on the satisfactory completion of a background check. Valid driver license also required.
LOCATION: NY, Albany