If you are internal-customer driven and have the desire to provide exceptional quality to a dynamic organization, then we would like to hear from you.
Our Field Engineers will work directly with Project Engineers, Project Managers, Estimators, and Superintendents to assist with various aspects of project management. Field Engineers must be self-motivated and interested in learning all aspects of construction. Each day you will be problem solving, multi-tasking, and assuming responsibility for planning and organizing major project responsibilities.
- Assist in the estimating process as directed, including attending pre-bids, quantity take-offs, sub-bid solicitations and other assigned duties.
- Weekly submission of quantities installed for productivity reporting on Self-Perform Projects
- Know and understand all relevant project documentation (Drawings, Specifications, SOW, addendums, etc.)
- Complete document control procedures (Drawing Log, RFIs, Submittals, Meeting Agendas and Minutes, Open Issues, etc.), including issuance of relevant documents to sub trades
- Compile and submit required submittal packages with shop drawings for approval followed by completing and updating submittal log
- Ensure Submittals comply with project specifications prior to submission
- Compile and update project punch list or issues matrix
- Review weekly productivity reports for potential areas of improvement with the Project Manager and Superintendent
- Assist the Project Manager and Superintendent in daily coordination of subcontractors and suppliers in accordance with the project schedule
- Assist the Project Team with onsite material purchases as needed
- Assist the Project Team in all required documentation including but not limited to Daily Pre Task, Man-hour reporting, Meeting agendas/minutes, and any other customer specific requirements
- Assist and ensure proper documentation relevant to any additional work
- Assist the Superintendent to ensure completion of As Built drawings
- Assist PM and Superintendent in completing project closeout requirements
- Assist corporate and onsite safety personnel and assist as required
- Plan ahead in accordance with the project schedule
- Act professional, courteous, respectful and helpful to everyone at all time
- Assist with all Project Close out requirements
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office and Primavera
- Experience with BIM, GradeBeam, and Bluebeam is preferred
- Ability to communicate professionally in both verbal and written format
- Ability to take direction, read, and understand plans and specifications required
- Strong analytic skills and attention to detail
- Ability to follow through and meet deadlines
- Knowledge of construction and scheduling techniques
- OSHA 30 hour certification preferred
- A Bachelors degree in Civil Engineering or Construction Management is required
Aristeo Construction is one of the nations largest full service general contractors, offering our clients comprehensive construction solutions in the manufacturing, commercial, industrial, higher education, and energy markets. We also boast one of the largest self-perform workforces in the state, with experience across seven different skilled trades. This combination sets us apart and allows us to better exceed unique customer expectations regarding project scheduling, efficient workflows, out-of-the-box ideas, and value-engineered solutions. We are known for our culture of safety, integrity, respect, quality, and a dedication to doing the work right.
Why Choose Aristeo:
If youre interested in work that challenges and excites you, then Aristeo is the right place to be. Youll take advantage of our automated equipment and high tech software, gain hands-on experience in all facets of a job, and be mentored by experts from across our business on how we use innovative methodologies. You will have the opportunity to be a key member of our team, working on exciting projects for globally-recognized clients.
Aristeo has been voted by our own employees as one of Metro Detroits and the Nations Best & Brightest Places to Work for six years in a row a designation that highlights our commitment to employees and creating a friendly and rewarding culture. Have fun with our tight-knit team at one of our many company events and volunteer opportunities. In addition, Aristeo offers employer-paid benefits, competitive salaries, ongoing professional development, and opportunities for growth.
If you want to be part of something BIG, then join our growing Aristeo team!
This position will require short and long-term travel. Candidates must be willing to travel or relocate for extended periods of time on a project specific basis.
Aristeo is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Aristeo welcomes a diverse workforce and is committed to fostering an inclusive environment where all employees are encouraged, supported, and valued.
Candidates must be currently eligible to work in the U.S. without further visa sponsorship.
Livonia, Michigan, United States