We are currently seeking an experienced Estimator to work, collaborate, contribute and learn with our team. If you have the desire to provide exceptional quality in a fast paced environment using cutting edge technologies, then we would like to hear from you!
Our Estimators will be responsible for developing competitive proposals and budgets for existing and new customers in automotive, energy and commercial markets.
- Review proposal specifications, drawings, attend pre-bid meetings, etc. to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate
- Prepare detailed trade scopes of work and backup documentation for review
- Solicit project specific proposals from subcontractors and suppliers and evaluate them for completeness and competitiveness
- Develop options and recommend best value solution based on cost, engineering, quality or availability of materials
- Establish and maintain positive relationships and ethical practices with owners, consultants, engineers, subcontractors and suppliers
- Assist Operations with awarded contracts and projects as required. May included estimating/pricing change orders and facilitating resolution of any contractual issues
- Track and assist operations with awarded contracts and projects as required may include estimating/pricing extra work items, change orders, credit, procuring materials, etc.
- Work with Proposal Coordinator to develop complete professional proposals including all required information (schedules, project narratives, organizational charts etc.)
- Develop complete conceptual proposals to support business development and client maintenance
- Negotiate and issue subcontracts
- Candidates must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, including Microsoft Project or other scheduling related systems and have experience working with On Screen Takeoff and/or MC2 type software is preferred
- Candidates must have a strong understanding of conceptual estimating, estimating techniques, and cost control
- Ability to prepare proposals with minimum supervision
- Must be comfortable working in teams
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Candidates should be able to clearly articulate bid inclusions, exclusions, and proposals clarifications with owners and subcontractors
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize responsibilities
- A Bachelors degree in Civil Engineering or Construction Management is preferred
- Candidates must have 7+ years estimating experience
Aristeo Construction is one of the nations largest full service general contractors, offering our clients comprehensive construction solutions in the manufacturing, commercial, industrial, higher education, and energy markets. We also boast one of the largest self-perform workforces in the state, with experience across seven different skilled trades. This combination sets us apart and allows us to better exceed unique customer expectations regarding project scheduling, efficient workflows, out-of-the-box ideas, and value-engineered solutions. We are known for our culture of safety, integrity, respect, quality, and a dedication to doing the work right.
Why Choose Aristeo:
Aristeo employees have access to the high tech software, automated equipment, and innovative methodologies that we use on exciting and challenging construction projects all over the United States for industry-leading clients. As a key member of our team, you will have a real impact on one of our multimillion dollar projects and will have the opportunity to add to our hundreds of years of collective experience.
Aristeo has been voted by our own employees as one of Metro Detroits and the Nations Best & Brightest Places to Work for six years in a row a designation that highlights our commitment to employees and creating a family-friendly and rewarding culture. Join the fun with our tight-knit team at our many company events and volunteer opportunities. In addition, Aristeo offers employer-paid benefits, competitive salaries, ongoing professional development, and opportunities for growth.
If you want to be part of something BIG, then join our growing Aristeo team!
Candidate must be willing to travel periodically to look at jobsites.
Aristeo is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Aristeo welcomes a diverse workforce and is committed to fostering an inclusive environment where all employees are encouraged, supported, and valued.
Candidates must be currently eligible to work in the U.S. without further visa sponsorship.
Livonia, Michigan, United States