Under the direction of either the Warehouse Manager and/or Delivery Manager, the Delivery & Installation Technician I is responsible delivering and install product in a professional, courteous and safe manner that will leave a positive final impression with our customers. Additional duties will also include shipping and receiving of product.
Shipping, Receiving, and Delivery:
- Loading the delivery truck and verifying that the product loaded into the delivery truck is correct to ensure that the right product leaves the building.
- Deliver the product into customers home/facility in a safe and appropriate manner to avoid damage and injuries.
- Assembling the product correctly and efficiently to ensure the product is in safe working order when they leave the delivery site.
- Have and maintain a safe driving record and a DOT card to drive company vehicles.
- Maintain cooperative working relationships with all company employees, customers, owners and vendors.
- Deliver product to and remove product from state fairs, home & garden shows, model homes, and any other special events that arise.
- Understand and follow all safety policies.
- Regular inspection of the company vehicle to ensure that the vehicle is in satisfactory condition to be operated.
- Ensure timely invoicing of all deliveries and installations.
- Responsible for safekeeping and the ensuring of authorized use of fuel cards/company issued credit cards.
- Other projects as assigned
Maintain Work Practices:
- Maintain work environment to 5S standards
- Punctual: begins work on time and returns from lunch and breaks on time
- All paperwork and database entries filled out completely and accurately
- Promote a positive team atmosphere with co-workers
- High school degree or equivalent required
- 1 - 2 years of delivery and assembly experience with a strong customer service-oriented background preferred
- A valid driver's license is required for local travel
- Position will be subjected to pre-employment and annual motor vehicle record (MVR) checks. Must be able to successfully pass MVR checks to drive on behalf of the company.
- Must successfully complete DOT certification to drive on behalf of the company.
- Basic computer skills
- Gain knowledge of inventory system, product acceptance criteria and product quality checklists
- Learn and incorporate the 5S program
- Achieves high percent of task target dates
- Suggests, develops and improves current work processes
- Willing to assist others when his/her tasks are complete
- Able to work independently with little supervision
- Contributes ideas to improve current processes
- Welcomes challenges
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with diverse group of co-workers, customers and vendors
- Contributes to a positive working environment
- Can work with a diverse group of people to determine product needs
- Able to effectively solve problems
- Maintain flexibility and willingness to work in situations of flux and in a fast-paced environment
- Skilled in planning, organizing resources and establishing priorities for work assignments for optimum results
- Able to handle multiple projects and prioritize
Communication & Teamwork:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Keeps others informed
- Promptly resolves conflicts and misunderstandings
- Open to suggestions and feedback from others
- Accepts responsibility for his/her actions
- Work with others in a team environment
Quality of Work:
- Attention to detail
- Able to be consistently accurate
- Able to follow tasks to completion in a timely manner without sacrificing quality
We offer an excellent compensation package and team-oriented work environment with growth opportunities.
Some of our outstanding benefits include:
- Health & Dental Insurance
- Company paid Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off benefits
- Product discounts
- Wellness programs