DASCO IS GROWING! Voted one of the 2019, 2020 and 2021 top places to work in Columbus CEO magazine. JOIN US!
Our benefits include: competitive compensation based on industry standards, an excellent benefits package, which includes: generous 401(k) match with immediate vesting, growth opportunities, health insurance benefit opportunities which include Medical, Dental, Vision, excellent PTO which increases based on tenure, holiday pay, and a fantastic company culture!
The Medical Equipment Technician is responsible for timely, efficient, courteous and service-oriented delivery and assembly (when appropriate) of medical equipment and supplies. When making deliveries, this role educates the patient and/or caregiver on use, maintenance and benefits of the equipment. In addition, the Medical Equipment Technician completes a variety of related warehouse and inventory tasks, as well as reports and other required documentation, and may be cross-trained for coverage in the office.
- Delivers medical equipment and supplies, educates the patient and/or caregiver on use, maintenance and benefits, and completes all required paperwork.
- Maintains compliance logs and applicable records and receipts per policy and procedure.
- Understands and complies with all applicable laws, rules and regulations including, but not limited to, HIPAA, Joint Commission, FDA, OSHA, ORCB, state Pharmacy Boards, state Respiratory Boards, state Departments of Transportation, all infection control guidelines and all laws pertaining to oxygen transfilling. The Medical Equipment Technician is expected to report any and all compliance or safety issues to the manager.
- Responsible for afterhours coverage with other Medical Equipment Technicians.
- Supports and participates in the training of new Medical Equipment Technicians as requested by the manager.
- Identifies patient needs and/or revenue opportunities while engaged with patients and conveys them to the Customer Service Representatives for follow-up.
- Supports vehicle maintenance by unloading and cleaning vehicle daily. Completes daily and quarterly maintenance manifests as required by policy and procedure.
- Maintains warehouse, inventory levels and equipment cleanliness and repair according to policy and procedure and in compliance with applicable rules and regulations.
- Other duties as assigned by the branch office manager.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or GED equivalent.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Residential delivery driver experience
- Customer Service experience in a medical/insurance/healthcare setting
Valid driver's license with a qualified driving record as determined by DASCO's auto insurance carrier review.
Customer service / client focus
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK:
This position may be full time or part time, with hours of work and days as assigned by the local branch office manager to best serve that branch office's patients.
In addition, the Medical Equipment Technician is required to work periodic after hours (overnight and weekend) on-call shifts as determined by the local schedule.
This position has no supervisory role.
This job operates primarily for driving, delivery and set-up; significant time is spent driving a vehicle, loading and unloading equipment, and in-patient residences. working in outdoor weather conditions. The Medical Equipment Technician also spends time in an office environment, warehouse setting, clinical (i.e., hospital) environment, and in outdoor weather conditions. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is typically required to sit; frequently stands and bends, occasionally required to climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 150 pounds. Specific vision abilities typically used by this job include both close and distance vision, color and peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. The Medical Equipment Technician is a tactile position, requiring the frequent handling of equipment, gauges and meters, common hand tools and some physical contact with patients during equipment training.
Travel throughout the day is required for this position to complete deliveries. Overnight travel may be required for orientation and continuing education.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
DASCO provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, DASCO complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
DASCO expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of DASCO's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.