PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Research, prepare and implement approved recommendations to include methods and efficient facility layouts and to recommend new materials.
- Prepares cost estimates for projects, capital equipment justifications, facility expansions. Performs feasibility studies and prepares presentation.
- Performs time studies for production and methods in order to set standards. Develops standards for efficient employee utilization, performs work flow analysis and makes recommendations.
- Research, document and implement cost reductions through the reduction of direct labor. Recommend and justify automation that will result in a labor savings.
- Stays current with changes in engineering technology through membership in professional societies and educational centers, texts and journals.
- Plans and recommends utilization of facilities and personnel for the various operations of the company.
- Researches and develops special plans and studies to ascertain feasibility. E.g. capital equipment purchases, expansion of facilities, plant layout changes) building alterations, estimate outlays, cost reductions and operational economics.
- Collaborates with managers and supervisors in the areas of improving operating techniques and methodology through recommendations and applications conductive to cost through more advantageous use of employee skills, machines and facilities.
- Makes sample observations of work in order to develop standards for employee utilization.
- Prepares plans for equipment layout, work flow and accident prevention measures to maintain efficient and safe utilization of plant facilities.
- Provides updates on progress to manager.
This position requires graduation from an accredited college or university with a degree in Manufacturing or Industrial Engineering including courses in Methods Engineering and Computer Science. 1 to 5 years of progressively responsible Industrial Engineering project work required to acquire sufficient background and applied knowledge to assume responsibilities