See all jobs in Thousand Oaks CA
Job Location: Thousand Oaks, CA
Up to $500 Sign On Bonus!
Are you looking for meaningful work? Are you passionate about making a difference? If so, then Momentum is the company for you! When you join Momentum, you help us promote independence for adults with disabilities.
Momentum is hiring Certified Nursing Assistance/ Direct Support Professional IIs (CNA/DSP IIs) to support disabled individuals with daily living needs in a group home residential setting. As a CNA /DSP II, you will support people with their physical, emotional, and social needs by focusing on the person first. Our CNA/DSP IIs have the unique opportunity to build a rewarding career in healthcare and to develop caring relationships.
Rate of Pay: $16.25 per hour + $500 Sign on Bonus *
Part -time and Full-time schedules available
- AM Shift: 6:30 AM to 3:00 PM, five (5) days per work week, including weekends and holidays
- PM Shift: 2:30 PM to 11:00 PM, five (5) days per work week, including weekends and holidays
- NOC Shift: 11:00 PM to 7:30 AM, five (5) days per week, including weekends and holidays
Benefits: We offer competitive starting salaries and benefits to full-time staff: health, dental, vision, and life insurance, life assistance program, flexible spending account (FSA), paid holidays, vacation benefits, paid sick leave, paid bereavement leave, credit union benefits and discounts, referral bonus plan, and retirement plan.
We offer competitive starting salaries, paid holidays, vacation benefits, paid sick leave, referral bonus plan, and retirement plan to part-time employees.
- Promotes a friendly, comfortable, and safe environment
- Respects and promotes the right of individuals
- Pass medications, as assigned, per RN medication administration training
- Assists with personal care, including: dressing, undressing, bathing, toileting, and overall hygiene
- Assists with meal preparation, meal clean-up, laundry, and other cleaning tasks
- Assists with moving in and out of beds, wheelchairs, and automobiles
- Assists with activities of interest, such as: outings, crafts, entertainment, and other community events
- Follows infectious control guidelines during food preparation, mealtime, medication pass, personal care, toileting, and laundry
- Provides direct support and other related duties as assigned by supervisor(s) and/or nursing staff
- Follows and implements company policies
- Attends required in-service trainings
- If eligible, drives in company vehicles to appointments and community destinations, as assigned
- Performs other duties as assigned to meet department and/or business needs
DSP II/CNA - Qualifications:
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- High School Diploma or equivalent; required
- Current Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) certification; required
- Experience working with developmentally disabled individuals; preferred
- Read, write, comprehend, and communicate in English well enough to perform essential duties and responsibilities
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Communicate and work professionally and cooperatively with others
- Successfully pass all post offer, pre-employment screening requirements, including criminal background check, drug screening, health screening, TB screening and provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States
- Ability to run, push, pull, bend, squat, kneel, and lift up to fifty (50) pounds
- Maintain valid and current proof of legal right to drive in California; preferred
* Sign on Bonus will be paid in two payments. First payment will be made after 90 days of employment and second payment will be made after 6 months of employment.
With 40 programs and service sites spanning several counties, Momentum is the largest nonprofit provider of direct support for individuals with disabilities in Southern California.
Momentum is an equal opportunity employer and is required to comply with equal opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates. Momentum also considers qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment pursuant to California Law and, if applicable, the L.A. Fair Chance Ordinance.
JOB CODE: 2020-2690 CNA Thousand Oaks