- Develop an investment voice and marketing plan, partnering with the internal Product Management team, as well as external asset managers
- Create marketing plans and programs aligned with business objectives and the needs of the product management and investment management functions of the firm (includes portfolio strategist offering, and third-party investment managers)
- Oversee the marketing relationship with third-party investment managers
- Facilitate smooth on-boarding of new investment solutions and managers
- Develop comprehensive and compelling messaging and benefit statements for all levels of the investment platform sale
- Create comprehensive marketing plans that support investment and platform initiatives such as new product introductions
- Provide sales team members with tools that create compelling reasons to invest in or stay invested in specific investment solutions (drive new sales, cross-sell or retention)
- Create materials that help educate advisors and their clients about key investment concepts
- Work with field marketing, digital product team and segment marketing to extend the reach and effectiveness of all programs
- Design and measure programs based on objectives; continually optimize programs and materials
- Seven (7) to ten years (10) in a marketing role at an investment firm or related financial services company
- Deep understanding of financial markets, mutual funds and the financial advisor marketplace
- Strong ability to multi-task across projects as well as to bridge from marketing strategy to tactical marketing execution
- Encourages innovative thinking and creative problem solving to maximize resources in a fast-paced environment
- Detail-oriented, with strong organizational, time and project management skills. Strong judgment in evaluating and prioritizing competing projects while ensuring deadlines are met.
- Ability to see across large communication systems and within a vision, assess gaps and identify opportunities
- Creative thinker with good ideas for effective communication
- Develop and maintain selling system for external asset managers
- Experience creating print, digital and multi-media content
- Ability to simplify complex concepts for both advisor and investor audiences
- Ability to write for advisor and end-client audience and ability to review work of other team members to ensure strong messaging and adherence to brand and platform positioning
- Strong presentation and influence management skills to colleagues and senior management alike
- Team-oriented, with high energy, enthusiasm, initiative and commitment to delivering high-quality work
- Business-to-business marketing experience
- Knowledge of regulatory and industry rules, guidelines and standards (SEC, FINRA)
- FINRA licensure (Series 6,7, and or 24)
AssetMark is a leading strategic provider of innovative investment and consulting solutions serving independent financial advisors. We provide investment, relationship and practice management solutions that advisors use in helping clients achieve wealth, independence and purpose.
The Senior Manager, Investment and Platform Marketing develops and oversees strategic and tactical marketing programs designed to increase awareness and adoption of AssetMark's investment solutions among the independent investment advisors it serves. The position reports to the Director- Investment and Platform Marketing within a larger Client Development Group.
AssetMark, Inc. is a leading provider of investment and consulting solutions created to serve independent financial advisors and help them create great outcomes for their clients. Through a consistent program of engagement, education and community-building, AssetMark brings like-minded advisors together to share their ideas, experiences and solutions. This collaboration guides our development of investment, client relationship and practice management tools that advisors can tap to help clients achieve their investment objectives and life goals.
We are always seeking bright, creative, energetic individuals who want to learn and grow with the company. AssetMark is an innovative organization, delivering the best services in the industry. We offer a rewarding work environment, competitive salaries, full benefits, and excellent opportunities for career growth. We are headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area. We also have regional offices in Chicago, IL, Phoenix, AZ, Encino, CA, and State College, PA. Become a part of our growing team today!