See all jobs in Tulsa OK
Job Location: Tulsa, OK
Job Type: Full-Time/Regular
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
Job Summary: Manage tax compliance, clients, employees and various tax projects through all related phases of the tax process with minimal supervision. Tax work will consist of various industries, including construction, manufacturing, oil and gas, insurance, health care, governmental, wholesale/distribution, financial institution and nonprofit companies. Prefer previous NONPROFIT experience.
- Lead by example; actively live out and promote the firms core values HT3 and service standards.
- Obtain expertise in a specialized area, with a demonstrated general understanding of all areas of taxation
- Consult with clients on tax and general business issues
- Gain understanding of client goals and objectives and vigorously pursue tax and business solutions as a client advocate
- Manage client contacts and organize communications with complex clients
- Prepare complex returns with minimal supervision
- Independently complete complex tasks through to completion
- Complete a full analysis and investigation of client needs prior to representing the client to the Internal Revenue Services.
- Supervise and train tax seniors, staff and interns to ensure accurate and timely completion of tax work
- Process and review moderately complex returns
- Participate in department and Firm administration
- Assist in niche development activities as needed.
- Promote a proprietary interest in the Firm and clients
- Be an effective communicator and team player
- Define self-expectations through the performance process and assist in development of senior and staff expectations
- Effectively manage hours associated with project and client budgets
- Maintain and expand knowledge of tax law through review of periodicals and participation in required Firm continuing education meetings
- Attendance and participation in advanced tax training
- Develop personal marketing plans and personal client list to meet annual revenue goal
- Participation in professional, business and community organizations in order to advance the profession
- Expected level of chargeable time is 1,600 hours, within the context of 2,250-hour year
- Adhere to the Firms quality control standards
- Required Experience
- Bachelors degree in accounting from an accredited college
- CPA in the practicing state or in the process of obtaining a transfer
- Minimum of five (5) years public accounting experience
- Strong technical, research, organizational and analytical skills
- Previous experience using paperless tax software
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word and other software applications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Dedication to teamwork and leadership
- Possess the ability to successfully work within and meet scheduled deadlines
While performing the duties of this job the employee will regularly be required to sit, stand, reach, walk, drive, kneel, crouch, crawl and lift and/or move up to 25 lbs.
- Job Location
- Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States
- Position Type
Who do you know at
Hogan Taylor LLP
Return To Job Listings
How To Apply:
HoganTaylor is a lasting business with an entrepreneurial spirit that drives our desire to be leaders in the markets of those we serve.
Whether you are a current college student looking for an introduction to public accounting through an internship, a soon-to-be college graduate ready to take your first career step or an experienced professional looking to enhance your career through a new experience, we invite you to explore a career at HoganTaylor.