Accounting Manager - Manufacturing
An opportunity to apply your accounting skills in a manufacturing and industrial setting at the plant level within a larger Iowa-based growing global corporation. Expectations for career growth within the Corporation are built-in to this role.
General Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and Invoicing. Responsible for accuracy of all income statement and balance sheet accounts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee activities of the Accounts Payable department to ensure timely processing and accurate reporting of company expenditures including, but not limited to, materials, service invoices, operating expenditures, and capital expenditures.
- Oversee activities of daily invoicing to ensure timely and accurate billing and credit processing for product shipments to customers as well as timely and accurate cash receipts application and collections follow-up with customers as required.
- Oversee activities of Inventory Control area to ensure inventory costs and quantities are accurate. This includes working with Production and Purchasing personnel to manage and maintain material inventory values between the inventory perpetual records and the general ledger.
- Coordinate month end closing process to ensure timely completion of monthly financial statements.
- Review account reconciliations monthly for all balance sheet accounts.
- Accurately maintain company fixed assets and depreciation software.
- Prepare monthly journal entries for completion of accurate financial statements.
- Prepare and review certain monthly financial management reports
- Prepare and provide detail of intercompany transactions with other divisions on a regular basis.
- Assist with sales and use taxes reporting.
- Review monthly financial performance with appropriate Plant Directors, Senior Vice President of Food Division, and Corporate Controller.
- Assist in preparation and maintaining cash flow analysis and projections.
- Assist in development of annual budgeting process and support of financial forecasts
- Assist with all audit related activities.
- Review historical data to determine and maintain proper accounting record storage. Assist other managers with record retention issues.
- Participate in a wide variety of special projects and prepare special reports or analysis as required.
- Continually participate in additional training related to the job.
- Perform extra assignments in other areas and related task assignments in the work area.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration, or a minimum of 5 years experience in all aspects of accounting preferably in a manufacturing environment, proven supervisory experience, working knowledge of appropriate computer software, and excellent communication skills.
Training, Certifications, Licenses
Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant certification encouraged but not required.
Posted On: Wednesday, January 24, 2018
Compensation: $75,000 - $85,000
HOW TO APPLY:
Iowa Career Connection